Author Topic: interest rates  (Read 4019 times)

Offline raff

interest rates
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2006, 20:00:55 PM »
We had our bank book made up at the Finans Bank last week and the rate is still 17%. We were also informed by a very reliable source in Calis a couple of days ago that the interest rates will be down to about 12% by the end of this year.

Offline seasider6

interest rates
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2006, 14:04:59 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by apollo

Akbank 15% for YTL.
4.75% for Sterling.
before tax

Minimum period 1 month.Then any other period upto 1 year.

Note; If, for example, you have a three month account then the interest is paid at the end of the three month period. If you move that money before the end of the specified period you lose ALL of the interest.

Offline seasider6

interest rates
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2006, 14:10:07 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by apollo

Akbank 15% for YTL.
4.75% for Sterling.
before tax

Minimum period 1 month.Then any other period upto 1 year.

Note; If, for example, you have a three month account then the interest is paid at the end of the three month period. If you move that money before the end of the specified period you lose ALL of the interest.

We are currently with  with Deniz Bank and do not receive any interest on our Sterling Account,which i thought was standard in Turkey
Can you please let me know were Apollo bank is situated and
i will switch banks.Many thanks Seasider

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
interest rates
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2006, 15:49:36 PM »
Deniz Bank are not the best to deal with. Garanti and Finans seem to be the most popular with members and both are located on the main road opposite the marina near Gima Supermarket. We had an account  with Deniz but moved it to Finans due to poor administration....waited months for a bank card and never got it. Excellent service from Finans.
I think you may be a bit confused...the post was originally made by Apollo, that is not the name of the bank. :)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2006, 15:50:32 PM by tribalelder »

Offline apollo

interest rates
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2006, 09:15:56 AM »
Sorry I'm not a bank, just a humble expat trying to earn a few bob here in Turkey.

The bank we use is Akbank.

We have found that the bank staff here, in Antalya, are much more friendly than those in Fethiye.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf