Author Topic: Health insurance  (Read 2004 times)

Offline Diane Brooks

Health insurance
« on: January 11, 2006, 09:57:03 AM »
Good Morning to all and a happy new year from me & mine!

We haven't written for a while but have been reading and having a laugh at some of the witty comments made by other members as well as satisfying some of our own questions about moving to Turkey.  We are still waiting for that elusive house sale in the UK before we can begin a new life.  A question that we cannot find an answer to is about health insurance.  We know that the hospitals are very highly rated but does anyone have a suggestion for continuing insurance for previous conditions?  I am currently monitored by my consultant yearly and Tim has an ongoing condition which we know will get better once in Turkey but would like to know that we have the back up of medical insurance.  This probably makes us sound like a couple of old crocks but we aren't that bad really  :)
Any information would be appreciated.

regards

Diane & co.

Offline coldkeys

Health insurance
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2006, 15:39:57 PM »
I've also searched for any information on health insurance and haven't found anything. My mother-in-law is moving to Turkey with us, she'll be 81 and has type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol. She takes tablets for all of them. So any information will be greatly appreciated.

Offline n/a

• deleted
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 10:18:48 AM »
You can get Health Insurance with AXA here and the office is here in Fethiye. You can e mail me and I can give you the telephone number, the lady speaks very good english.
I am afraid coldkeys that  anyone over the age of 60 it is not available to.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2006, 22:51:36 PM by n/a »

Offline stuart

• Professional Spammer
Health insurance
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2006, 06:46:11 AM »
the esnaf hospital in fethiye does private insurance for  expats, would be worth your while going and having a chat with them, they have brits working for them who deal with tourists so no language probs.

Offline n/a

• deleted
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2006, 22:52:17 PM »
Not if you are over 65 !!!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf