Author Topic: Best Calis Restaurant Poll  (Read 14466 times)

Offline snowtop

Best Calis Restaurant Poll
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2006, 17:20:52 PM »
To-day a couple of friends and myself went to "Daisy's" for Fish  Chips.   Although you cannot fault Codswallop for their meal the only edge they have over Daisy's is the batter. Daisy's fish was larger & just as white, although i'm not sure what breed of fish it was, we certainly enjoyed it.   They also charged 2.5 for effes and they have a varied, extensive and economical menu, and it is no where near as expensive as the centre or front of Calis.  This was recommended by a few tourists, and although I have lived here for 2 years, just i just couldn't be bothered to go.  Worth a try i think.  cheers snowtop

Offline valentine

• Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2006, 22:40:51 PM »

I've got to say that we visited Aydins last week and found it rather disappointing to be honest. It wasn't busy, half a dozen people or so, but we still had to wait, couldn't get our first choice from the menu (sea bass) our meal was nothing special and we had the strangest tasting coffee ever (it looked like coffee, tasted like tea!!) We've always enjoyed the place before but it was distinctly average last Friday!

Offline tan n dame

• Leeds, UK
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2006, 17:08:10 PM »
same thing happened to us,very quiet when we got there then had to wait at least ten minutes just to get our drinks that we had ordered.when the food came found it very average:(

Offline Jools

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2006, 14:28:40 PM »
It's worth going to Calis Beach restaurant, (at the far end of the sea front) if only to hear the waiter there speak with a London accent (even though he's never been to UK) ! Had a rubbish meal at Bella Mammas so maybe we hit them on a bad day.

Offline Elsa Padfield

• Minehead, UK
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2006, 17:53:48 PM »
I'm surprised that Bambu only have 6%.  We really like it there!

Offline willow

« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2006, 14:10:33 PM »
we visite Ayden Pide the other night because it topped the poll. What a dissapointment, poor service, dirty tables,menus you can't read because of dirty tables. The glass shattered at our table, but no response from anyone. Food arrived cold, whoever voted for this place  doesn't know a good restaurant.

Offline kez

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2006, 11:52:48 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by willow

we visite Ayden Pide the other night because it topped the poll. What a dissapointment, poor service, dirty tables,menus you can't read because of dirty tables. The glass shattered at our table, but no response from anyone. Food arrived cold, whoever voted for this place  doesn't know a good restaurant.

So You had a bad experience there willow. All of us obviously had the opposite. I think I have very good taste. Are you opening a Restaurant soon.

Offline Bybell

• Newcastle, UK
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2006, 14:32:27 PM »
I'm afraid we have to agree with Willow and Valentine.  We went to Ayden last week, because of the recommendations, but were generally disappointed.  Very slow service and we finally had to ask for our order to be taken even though only three or four tables were occupied.  When the food (kebabs) arrived we found it acceptable but too oily for our taste.

Sorry but prefer other places.

Harry and Sheila

Offline Dippey

« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2006, 21:39:33 PM »
Hate to point out the obvious here, but shouldn't you be making your comments in the "Bar and Resturant" section, under each resturant topic, otherwise no one will read it in relation to that resturant and your experience will be lost??

Re the polls - Scunner, you listening? When you do the "poll" lock it for the voting then after unlock it and we can discuss the amzing results??

see i could be a mod ;)(me thinks Scunner is warming to me:D)

Dippz

Offline Tiff

« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2006, 12:29:13 PM »
The Lighthouse gets my vote but you did miss some other good ones
The Bella Mamas is the pits in my view my 'spaghetti carbonara' was boiled spaghetti smothered in oil with pieces of chopped Turkish sausageon top .My partner had the lasagne which was  a joke ! not a sign of any lovely golden cheese ,it was the smallest portion of food I have seen in a long while and had barely been microwaved If it been any paler in colour it would have been anaemic! It is the only time in Calis I have sent food back. This restaurant is  about as authentic as my left foot and the waiters were surly . Horrid horrid horrid.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf