Author Topic: Ridiculous - 5 restaurants closed for 'hassling'  (Read 13089 times)

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
Ridiculous - 5 restaurants closed for 'hassling'
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2007, 08:41:33 AM »
I think its totally bonkers! Some of them do come on a bit too strong and they are Rushy and Uzzi ( who isnt hassling at all this year!) but nothing compared to Marmaris or Altinkum- or Hisaronu!!!
It seems someone in the Beldiye is determimed that Calis will never become too popular with tourists!

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2007, 09:14:45 AM »
Conversation outside Bambu

[Hilary and I walking along the prom having just arrived at Calis].

Ian Rush: "Hello, don't you recognize me?".
Me: [Trying to remember] "Oh, yes, how are you?".
IR: "Are you going to come in and have a drink?".
Me: "No, we are walking the prom. Catch you on the way back".
IR: "OK. Have a good time".

I think the Belediye has to clamp down on this kind of over-intrusive harassment.

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2007, 10:51:21 AM »
who closes these resturants, and on what grounds?

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2007, 11:19:26 AM »
 :)Agree Colwyn, I ended up walking over to him last year, because whilst customers were sitting there, he shouted quite loudly, and not in a nice manner, Would you think I have known these people for years and they don't come in my restuarant, I marched over in front of his customers and gave him a mouthful back, first time I have ever seen Rushy speechless, This year he was nice and polite and never invited us in, Job Done. ;)

Offline matthewmanning

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2007, 13:23:18 PM »
That's a real shame. When I'm over with my 3 daughters (10,8 & 6), we take it in turns to pick the restaurant.You should see the faces of the guys on the promenade drop when they have to haggle with a 6 year old :D
 They then offer the kids free ice cream/drinks/cartoons etc..to try and entice us in ! The girls love the banter !

matt

Offline Sandrats

• Askam-in Furness, UK
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2007, 13:34:31 PM »
I have been left to understand that the front men work on a 'commission' basis, been told 7.5% of the take, so its in their interest to pack em in.  Is anyone able to corroborate this?  In any event yes there are times when i don't want to be tackled and other times when I don't mind, but to close them !

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2007, 13:48:46 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by laffa

:)Agree Colwyn, I ended up walking over to him last year, because whilst customers were sitting there, he shouted quite loudly, and not in a nice manner, Would you think I have known these people for years and they don't come in my restuarant, I marched over in front of his customers and gave him a mouthful back, first time I have ever seen Rushy speechless, This year he was nice and polite and never invited us in, Job Done. ;)

Now, That, I would like to have seen LOL :D ;)

Offline tel

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2007, 14:04:49 PM »
Serkul 1 is having an Opening party this Sunday, as marked up outside as we strolled by today.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2007, 14:19:08 PM »
quote:
I think the Belediye has to clamp down on this kind of over-intrusive harassment.

This was an attempt at heavy irony. But this is a dangerous tool, always liable to backfire. I don't believe that Calis has "hassle". At least not in the way I have experienced it elsewhere. If "Ian Rush" is currently the worst example in Calis then I suggest a quick visit to Side would give some perspective and demonstrate what serious harassment looks like - including callers-in (and carpet sellers) blocking your route and even laying hands on you to "encourage" a visit to their establishment. I have not yet been to Istanbul - but I am sure that Starman can tell about what real, professional hassle of tourists is like.

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2007, 14:22:36 PM »
The restaurants don`t need frontmen to hassle you in.
All they need to do is, put a big pricelist outside with meals at half the price they are charging now.
They would still make a good profit and sell at least twice as much, so therefore they would take the same if not more money as they do at present.
I realise the price of chicken has risen quite a lot, but the restaurants in Koycegiz are still charging the same price as the did last year, because they know that by raising prices will mean less customers.

Crabbit

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf