Author Topic: Bikers Beware of Hi-Jackers in Kaya  (Read 5584 times)

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
Bikers Beware of Hi-Jackers in Kaya
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2007, 05:48:35 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Steve B

No doubt the Jandarma and the Belediya will work together and clamp on this sort of mindless behaviour.

:) Belated congrats on your thousandth post Steve  :) ;)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2007, 07:25:30 AM »
My Quad Bike Fanatic label was put there by Scunner, the little tinker ! ;)

I don't HATE them, it just gets a bit of a bind having to put up with them and the attitude of the guides when they go through the valley.

People just don't realise that they're deadly in the hands of most of the riders, especially the experienced ones who get over confident! There have already been several serious accidents this season.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 07:28:22 AM by KKOB »

Offline ted molloy

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2007, 11:29:44 AM »
I entirely agree with KKOB they are lethal in the hands of the inexperienced riders and most folk who go for this activity are first time riders and don't have a clue on how to handle them and are given minimal tuition before being let loose albeit with a guide some of who are also bordering on the cowboy element with a bad attitude blatently disregarding the folk who stay and live in Kaya for a bit of peace and quiet

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2007, 08:30:00 AM »
I think the only way to view kaya is on foot or horse back, the quads should be restricted to special areas. not ridden quad although have full bike licence, I wouldn't want my enjoyment to either endanger or pi** off anybody else. love bird like the ad used to say "good things happen on a Honda".

Offline davewalsh

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2007, 12:39:44 PM »
A young project manager in my team came off a quad bike in Morrocco in September, usual thing, never been on one before, out with a guide, no safety training etc etc (sound familiar?). She is still of work with her jaw pinned back together, severe burns to her face (the bike landed on her, and yes, she was wearing a helmet) a fractured arm, hip, collarbone etc, internal injuries. She is extremely distressed and not seeing visitors anymore because of the scarring etc. these things are unstable and absolutely deadly in all but the safest of hands. Ban 'em I say - unless the riders have a bike licence.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf