Author Topic: Players Who Had a Huge Future - Then Didn't  (Read 4814 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Players Who Had a Huge Future - Then Didn't
« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2010, 19:36:02 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by javacoffee

Gary Birtles, Liam Millar, Kleberson!

That appears to be a dig at Sir Alex (the last two) - so why not chuck in Eric Djemba Djemba, Veron, Silvestre, Roy Carroll, Poborsky, Prunier (remember him??!!), and the goalkeepers who's careers he ruined by making them scared to death of making a mistake - Taibi, Bosnich...

But on the other hand - forgetting the self reared stars like Scholes, Giggs, Beckham etc - some amazing (and cheap) signings like Stam, Evra and Solskjaer. But nothing ever will come close to the greatest signing of all time - £530,000 for Peter Schmeical. Even Arsene Wenger can't beat that.

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2010, 20:26:06 PM »
Irwin from my team Oldham was a close second!!!!!

Offline javacoffee

« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2010, 12:49:08 PM »
Evra and Vidic had a nightmare first six months, I remember Alan ' I hate Utd' Green.' Saying on the radio that Fergie had lost the plot as these two were terrible buys! I have to disagree with Veron and Silvestre. Veron should have stayed another year and Silvestre, although not a superstar was a very reliable defender for us.

Irwin was also a fantastic buy for Utd, I remember Schmeical's debut, he just looked HUGE compared to poor old Jim Leighton. Owen is the latest cheap buy, that goal against City last season was worth a years wages, his not mine.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf