Author Topic: Check List  (Read 10193 times)

Offline WalgraveChippy

Check List
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2004, 17:13:51 PM »
Janet, I hope your friends have done the research on the documentation required to bring the dogs overland. We were originally driving over with our 2 dogs, but now their going to be flown!

Offline janet.gur

• Bolton, UK
Check List
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2004, 07:45:05 AM »
Alan, they seem to have all the info but there may be something they've missed.  What problems did you encounter?

Offline WalgraveChippy

Check List
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2004, 11:33:08 AM »
Apart fromt the usual stuff, like the dog has got to be fully vaccinated, including anti-rabies and chipped. I'm fairly certain that one of the regulations requires that the dog is examined by a vet no more than 96 hours prior to export and that a certificate must be issued by the vet. That certificate must be legalised at the Foreign & Commonwealth Office AND the Turkish Consulate both of which are in London.

If taking the dog overland they must ensure that the correct documents are valid for all transit countries.

There is also the stress factor to consider. Not just for the owners but the dog as well. We were originally going overland with the dogs because we were worried about the stress that they would suffer whilst flying until a vet pointed out a few facts.

It could take 4 / 5 days to drive over, having to stop every couple of hours for exercising and watering the dog. Where would the dog sleep? The cost of certification ( £20+ extra per country ). Some countries require an import licence prior to travel. There are many factors to consider.

Apparently there has been quite a bit of research by RCVS that suggests that flying is far less stressful. Most dogs, once loaded onto the planes tend to relax and sleep throughout the flight. Granted, there's some stress involved at loading and unloading but they recommend it above driving overland.

Offline yildizkapisi

Check List
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2004, 11:57:48 AM »
Just in case anyone is interested. I work for a removal and relocation company here in Istanbul. We also transport pets and are IPATA members. although we do our customs clearance in Istanbul it is possible to fly them to Dalaman etc. always keep upto date with customs rules as they change very often. if anyone has any questions feel free to email me.

steve

Offline WalgraveChippy

Check List
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2004, 12:46:54 PM »
Ah, Steve. It's me KayaKoyuOldBoy from the "other forum". If you get things sorted for me there's plenty more business on here too!

Offline tintin

Check List
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2004, 13:12:38 PM »
I'll agree with that, we are also thinking of moving a smaller container over to Turkey when we go, and are relying on Walgrave to feed us all the info he gathers as he is in the process of going soon.

Tina

Offline yildizkapisi

Check List
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2004, 13:53:39 PM »
My boss asked me where was Kayakoyu and I told him its an old greek ghost village with no roads only donkey tracks. I went there a few times and tried to nick a donkey that was wondering around. fell off and the bleepard kicked me.
we have had contact from our agents in the UK and Cengiz is working out a price now for you.

Offline Linda1953

Check List
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2004, 14:23:39 PM »
Thanks Sam I'll look out for that book!

Linda

Offline sammyjorush

Check List
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2004, 17:06:54 PM »
Your welcome Linda:D
lol

Hi steve thanks for that,:D
 I shall be emailing u soon to get some more info as I havent decided what to do reference to my old dog yet......

LOL Samantha

Offline yildizkapisi

Check List
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2004, 19:00:05 PM »
are you referring to your dog or your other half?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf