Author Topic: Roka Bar / Restaurant  (Read 13223 times)

Offline sugarybaba

Roka Bar / Restaurant
« on: June 01, 2009, 07:57:36 AM »
This place has been open for a few days now and certainly is a little gem ! The decor is elegant and stylish  The food is lovely (mainly turkish) and very good prices
The music is low key/chill out so all in all a fab place to relax in

Because of the palm trees and foliage around the garden, its not easy to find at first but worth the trip
If you go along Yerguzlar Caddessi - past Cafe Inn /Cafe Pazar towards the sunday market, you will see it on the right hand side - lots of colouful bean bags in the garden !! You will not be disappointed and they deserve some good custom   Sue x

Offline domus bey

Roka Bar / Restaurant
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 10:16:38 AM »
i agree i was singing there on friday but nobody there and then got problems from people that live around the area even though i finished at 11 30 so i dont know if i will be there again,i have to see what they say.im still going eating there on friday if anyone wants to join me?

Offline sugarybaba

Roka Bar / Restaurant
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 10:51:53 AM »
Tom - Friday was good even though only about 20 people there
It needs more promo I agree but hopefully things will improve Its a lovely venue  Maybe see you there on Friday

Offline sugarybaba

Roka Bar / Restaurant
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 09:37:26 AM »
My mates and I have been there almost every day for the past week if only for a drink and a de-stress ! Fabulous place x  8)

Offline neesie1171

Roka Bar / Restaurant
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 06:58:21 AM »
We tried out this restaurant for the first time last night and have to say that we were really impressed!  There is a lovely atmosphere, very stylish decor, food was excellent and the prices are very reasonable!  Definitely on our list of favourites now!

Denise
xx

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
Roka Bar / Restaurant
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2009, 13:32:02 PM »
We have just returned and agree it is a lovely restaurant just 5 mins from our apartment, so a bonus. A lovely waitress who advised us not to order a starter because the turkish meze starter was on the house, 2 main courses, 4 glassses of wine 40 Lira.  8)   :)

Offline susuz.1

Roka Bar / Restaurant
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2009, 11:14:27 AM »
Iwould also like to add my recommendation for this gem of a restaurant. Menu includes some very imaginative dishes and at very reasonable prices. Restaurant has a chilled out atmosphere with mood lighting and music.

I really like the albanian liver starter, the lamb kofte and for dessert the rice pudding with the crunchy topping - delicious!

Truly a magnificant addition to the choices now available in Calis and I can't wait to go back    8) 8) 8)

Offline snowtop

Roka Bar / Restaurant
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2009, 19:52:14 PM »
When this place first opened i would not go there because i assumed that it was a couple who had just turned their house into a restaruant without previous experience.  To-night i went & had the most expensive meal on the menu which was fillet steak with special sauce 23TL.  When the meal came there was a big fillet steak cooked just as i wanted it, (rare) no steak knife needed.  there were also proper cooked fresh chips, Bulger, (i'm not keen on that) & a small bit of salad.  The special sauce was sweet & cold, a lot of people would like that, but that is a personal taste. You can shout as much as you want about the steaks on the front but for quality & quantity, Roka is hard to beat.   The owners went to Sweden approx 40 years ago & have had a restaruant for quite a few years there. They then decided to come back to their mother land & start a business here.  The father does the cooking, son & daughter see to the customers & the wife assists the father. Swedish is the first language, then Turkish, then English, which is excellent.  When the meal is good i make sure that the chef knows just as when it is not good they know that aswell.  l hunted out the chef & told him that my steak was without doubt the best cooked i have had in Turkey & i eat a lot of steak.  When the night drew in the lights were lit, you had that cosy romantic(if thats what you like) feeling to it.  l did say to the waiter that when i normally have steak, i ask for, chips, sliced onions & mushrooms cooked in butter & nothing else, the reply was ïf that's what you want thats what you can have, no problem, all you have to do is ask). the directions are, if you come from the Dolphin (as was) roundabout aim to-ward G'basi to the next roundabout as if you are going to the Sunday market.  Go past the Cafe Pazaar on the right & approx 100yd further you will see the Roka which is directly across the main road from the Sunday market.  They also do a lunchtime menu for 10TL which includes a soup, main course & either tea or water, i am going to try it to-morrow & will report back.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Roka Bar / Restaurant
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2009, 19:54:52 PM »
Must dig this one out in September.

Offline snowtop

Roka Bar / Restaurant
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2009, 19:56:22 PM »
Well worth it Stoop, then you can make your own mind up

Share me