Author Topic: Roka Bar / Restaurant  (Read 13226 times)

Offline Roka_Youngster

Roka Bar / Restaurant
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2009, 11:58:36 AM »
:D
Well I can only give you a big smile and many thanks for all the good words that I've been reading with my family on the forum, it has really pleased us.

As Mr:Snowtop wrote our family has been in Sweden for a long time as I am born there as well. We have had a few restaurants in the past, so we do know this buisness not just in our minds, without in our blood and veins.

Untill we'll meet again, have a good time !

Best Wishes, Roka Family.

Offline Roka_Youngster

Roka Bar / Restaurant
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2009, 12:15:54 PM »
Just a quick answer to Mr:Mercury,
As Philrose wrote he is not singing in our Restaurant at all.
We had him once in the early begining of the opening.

He is a good customer and a friend of ours and it has nothing about his entertaining (which is good) to do that we dont have live music.

It is that my family and I have made the choice of having chilled background music as we are seeing that our customers are more of that, and also so we can concentrate of "entertaining" you with our food instead.

Hope that this has been a clear answer.

Best Regards, R.Y

Offline susuz.1

Roka Bar / Restaurant
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2009, 19:21:20 PM »
I think the chilled music you play is just perfect - looking forward to the long walk across the road from our place opposite (ha ha) when we come back in September  8) 8) 8)

Offline Bluwise

Roka Bar / Restaurant
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2009, 20:14:45 PM »
Hi,
How far from the dolmus route is this please?

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
Roka Bar / Restaurant
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2009, 20:35:53 PM »
Dolmus route from Calis beach to Gunlukbasi,From the Aydin pide roundabout walk along the main road towards the sunday market past Cafe inn and Cafe Pazar and it's on the right

Badger  :)

Offline CAROL BROWNE

Roka Bar / Restaurant
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2009, 17:00:47 PM »
three of us went there in aug one of the best
dinners we've eaten .don't usually have pudding , i had the chocolate pud the best i have ever tasted.
ask for recipe wasn't allowed to have it.
at the end of the evening we asked if they could book a taxi
to go back to the oykun, they didn't have tel no nor did we.
they were very kind and gave us a lift back refusing any payment.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Roka Bar / Restaurant
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2009, 18:22:49 PM »
Hya. Mrs. Mercury aka Anne.

Offline julesbob0303

Roka Bar / Restaurant
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2009, 23:04:29 PM »
We went to the Roka three or four times over the last couple of weeks.  Each time, the food was excellent.  The chicken breast with mushroom sauce (9 lira) was superb and very tasty.

One evening, they made a mistake with my daughters order, not that she was bothered (they gave her curry sauce on her chicken instead of mexican).  As soon as they realised, they rushed out, grabbed her plate and changed it.  They then brought free ice creams for both girls to compensate, plus coffees for us, and glasses of liquors!

This restaurant is excellent - the food is well priced and tasty, and the staff are just so friendly.  Will definitely be one of our favourites for the future.

Offline passbye

Roka Bar / Restaurant
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2009, 07:29:01 AM »
Went to Roca Friday. Nice place and atmoshphere but the curry sauce my husband had was insipid and tasted nothing like curry.  I ordered meatloaf which came as kofte and the chips were obviously re-heated. Very disappointing after all the good reports we had heard about it.  Will not return in a hurry!  There are other good eating places.  Try the Cafe Inn - excellent food and good value for money.

Offline julesbob0303

Roka Bar / Restaurant
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2009, 13:16:06 PM »
Agree that Cafe Inn was also excellent (both the food and the owner - can't think of his name, but he used to be in Cafe Soul).  

We found that the Turks seem to have a real problem with curry in general and have yet to find a good one (unless you use the Indian restaurants, of course).  They all taste the same - bland, mild, creamy.  Fine if you like a korma, not so good if you like a curry with a bit of a kick!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf