Author Topic: Transporting goods from Izmir port  (Read 2534 times)

Offline joannasal

Transporting goods from Izmir port
« on: June 04, 2009, 13:27:37 PM »
I am moving from The Sultanate of Oman to Fethiye (Symbola apartments, Deliktas) in July. The moving agents here can only transport my goods as far as Izmir port.
Does any one have any contacts for van / truck hire to transport my things from Izmir to my apartment (including unloading the container and carrying up to my apartment).
I have done internet searches, but most people seem to move to Fethiye from the UK where shippers offer door to door service.

Thank you

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 14:13:08 PM »
Try kcengiz@sumerman.com.tr  They are based in Istanbul but have offices in Izmir Port. They shipped us from the UK including delivery and unpacking in Fethiye.  They handled all the customs requirements in Izmir by giving them Power of Attorney avoiding having to go to Izmir to clear customs.  Some years back now!  Cengiz Sumerman handled everything personally and does speak perfect English. :)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 15:58:39 PM by tribalelder »

Offline joannasal

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 15:59:56 PM »
Thank you for that, i'll give it a try. My local shippers are great, but are more used to shipping to Canada or India. The only door to door company here wanted 4 times the amount i am currently paying!! Mad :-\

Offline voddy

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 06:02:17 AM »
We are in UAE and use a company called DASA give the owner Phil Reilly a call and see if they have contacts in Oman. E mail adsadxb@emirates.net.ae. or call 00971 4 33 44 545

Last year we had household goods shipped from UK and used Izmer freight forwarders Asya International movers who were very efficient and delivered the goods on time, english speaking representitives contact: metin@asyanakliyat.com.
Web site: www.asyanakliyat.com

Good luck
Rob
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 06:12:34 AM by voddy »

Offline joannasal

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 13:13:36 PM »
Thank you both so much. I have sent emails off and will wait and see what the outcomes are.

Happy weekend

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf