Author Topic: Chelsea Transfer Ban  (Read 4735 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Chelsea Transfer Ban
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2009, 11:58:30 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by tinkerman

Leeds name seems to crop up a lot in your posts stoop, are they puppy farming?

No they just produce players through their excellent academy - maybe a few Premier clubs should try it for once instead of nicking ours ;)

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
Chelsea Transfer Ban
« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2009, 17:31:42 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by stoop

maybe a few Premier clubs should try it for once instead of nicking ours ;)

Arsenal excepted of course.  :D

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Chelsea Transfer Ban
« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2009, 22:56:25 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Crabbit

quote:
Originally posted by stoop

maybe a few Premier clubs should try it for once instead of nicking ours ;)

Arsenal excepted of course.  :D

Note that I refrained from saying 'every club' :)

Offline Piscoe

Chelsea Transfer Ban
« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2009, 13:21:41 PM »
All the top clubs in the world (not just prem) are doing this. The spanish clbs have been nicking Brazillian kids for years. I blame that Platini Geezer, he hates the english domination and money it has attracted. You will note he has said nothing about what Madrid have spent!

Chelsea are the first. My beloved MUFC will be next and god only knows what will come next. MUFC have deals with all sorts of feeder clubs, this will be outlawed soon:(

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Chelsea Transfer Ban
« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2009, 13:23:50 PM »
All the clubs in the country are probably doing this, not just the top ones! League 2 from conference, conference from lower leagues etc etc

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Chelsea Transfer Ban
« Reply #65 on: September 20, 2009, 10:44:11 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Piscoe

All the top clubs in the world (not just prem) are doing this. The spanish clbs have been nicking Brazillian kids for years. I blame that Platini Geezer, he hates the english domination and money it has attracted. You will note he has said nothing about what Madrid have spent!

Chelsea are the first. My beloved MUFC will be next and god only knows what will come next. MUFC have deals with all sorts of feeder clubs, this will be outlawed soon:(

Deals with feeder clubs are not the problem. It's when clubs such as Chelsea use their money and Prem status to entice young players away from clubs that have nurtured them from a young age. Inducements to the kids and their parents should be outlawed and any club found offering them should be severely dealt with.

Leeds got Delph from Bradford when he was 12 years old. How? Well the coach at Bradford's youth set up told his parents and the lad that he would be better off with us. We obviously agreed with him and offered them a good deal should we ever sell him on. I think Bradford got almost £1m when Villa signed him recently.

Then look at Everton - they enticed a young lad, Luke Garbutt from us who had been with us from the age of 9. He was/is under 17 England Captain and they offered us £200k. They would not negotiate with Leeds and Bates took them on. Result? £600k up front with up to £750k based on appearances and a further £200k if he gets a full England Cap. Also 20% of any future profit. We would rather have kept him though.

I still can't think of another one who has made it through the Chelsea ranks since Terry. Anyone else?

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Chelsea Transfer Ban
« Reply #66 on: November 07, 2009, 07:17:31 AM »
as expected the ban has been shelved and now makes a mockery of the initial decision

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5677832,00.html

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf