Author Topic: New Supermarket in Hisaronu  (Read 6772 times)

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

New Supermarket in Hisaronu
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2010, 19:37:57 PM »
Azda is one of these supermarkets that never gives you the right change. For example if a bill is 10.36TL you can be sure that they will round it up to 10.40TL. Last week my bill was 8.45TL and I gave her 10TL and got back 1.50TL. I had to ask her for the difference. She knew what she had done as she gave me the 5 kuros straight away without checking the change she had given me.

This rounding is common but in Azda they will always round up. In Migros in Hisaronu they also do the same thing but I have found that they round up or down to the nearest 5 kuros.

Offline davidzz

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2010, 22:06:07 PM »
quote:
Azda is one of these supermarkets that never gives you the right change. For example if a bill is 10.36TL you can be sure that they will round it up to 10.40TL. Last week my bill was 8.45TL and I gave her 10TL and got back 1.50TL. I had to ask her for the difference. She knew what she had done as she gave me the 5 kuros straight away without checking the change she had given me.

This rounding is common but in Azda they will always round up. In Migros in Hisaronu they also do the same thing but I have found that they round up or down to the nearest 5 kuros.

How times have changed I used to like the idea of going to a shop, when they did not have 5 kuros or less they would give you some sweets:D. Must be losing the relaxed turkish approach having to behave as a "brit-style " supermarket :).

David

Offline PKHUGHES100

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2010, 11:51:13 AM »
Thanks Guys.

Offline Old Daffodil

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2010, 12:59:23 PM »
I know someone who saved up all the sweets they were given instead of cash and when asked to pay for some goods handed them all back as payment!:D
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 13:01:39 PM by Daffodil »

Offline miaspyro

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2010, 08:51:03 AM »
I know this might be a daft question, but does anyone know which of these supermarkets parent companies are actually Turkish, it might be interesting to know?..

Offline thirtyone

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2010, 23:41:19 PM »
Migros is now owned by an investment fund in London.
Sok is owned by Migros.....
DIa is owned by Sabanci who also co own Carrefour

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf