Author Topic: The Mask  (Read 6460 times)

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
The Mask
« on: May 22, 2010, 19:26:13 PM »
This is a new showbar which opened in Hisaronu last weekend. It stars Ilker and his new partner. ex. Gypsy Passion. Ilker is now the owner of this bar.You will remember them as the salsa dancers from Turkey's got talent and other venues in the area. Ilker has now opened this new showbar and with his other dancers. A different show each night and it is brilliant!!!! It is on the opposite side to the Fez Bar. Up from the Boat Bar. You wont be dissapointed

Offline Sleuth

The Mask
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 08:08:52 AM »
You will be disappointed :(We went to see the `show` on their opening night, and it was a farce.... only three acts, two by the same couple, and its not dances, its more contortionist acts. The biggest problem and the most off putting was the volume of the music from the DJ in between the acts , which lasted  a good ten / fifteen minutes each time. The staff were pleasant enough, but their plan was to push the drinking to maximum, hence the long gaps in between the acts.Several people were forced to leave, the music volume was incredible... the DJ got it totally wrong. That `opening night`was two weeks ago and the place has been empty every night since.Some of the staff were actually fighting each other outside the premises there last week...in frustration probably from lack of customers.In fairness there was one good act, a troupe of african dancers. But they will need lots of customers in to pay ther wages, and it ain`t going to happen. Also this year already, there are less tourists around at night in Hisaronu for this time of the year compared to last year, so they are really up against it.Unless there is a dramatic improvement in cutomers / tourists, and the quality of the show ,I predict it wont be the `mask`show dance in those premises next season.

Offline chewyturk

The Mask
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 20:44:54 PM »
I haven't been yet, but i'd like to see it do well - a return to the good old days of Big Break.
I think Ilker could pull it off but as you said, the lack of tourists will make it an uphill struggle. I think he also needs to quickly establish an identity for the bar - is it a family show bar, or a Time-Out style disco bar (it can't be both).
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for him because he seems like a really nice bloke.

Offline stuart

• Professional Spammer
The Mask
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 08:57:25 AM »
strewth sleuth! you certainly put a dampner on it.

Offline Sleuth

The Mask
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 11:26:04 AM »
only telling it as I  see it....  I noticed last night walking past,that they have now succombed to the dreaded karaoke ,to try to draw in customers... like, we really need another karaoke establishment in Hisaronu  !!  ??   with only one or two late night boozers in there ... dance show ?   what dance show ?

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
The Mask
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 23:07:46 PM »
Well you really sold the place. Give him a break.He really is a lovely guy and he is trying really hard to build the place up. Nothing like kicking someone when they are down.

Offline Sleuth

The Mask
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 07:47:16 AM »
Not me mate... its the public to blame !!  not enough people about... quietest its ever been here in Hisaronu for late May.. as ALL INCLUSIVES are starting  to affect the area. I  would love there to be a dance show,believe me, but unfortunately the group didnt research enough and be fair... their opening night three weeks ago was a disaster... good luck to them but I fear that by July / August when they might get enough people in there to hold a show, it might be too late

Offline PaulLara

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2010, 15:58:27 PM »
Does anyone know whats happened to all the old staff the worked in Big Break? are they still in there or elsewhere?

Offline chewyturk

The Mask
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2010, 20:57:49 PM »
As far as i know when Big Break closed a few went to Aloha - don't know who's still there. Frankie is not in Hisaronu anymore.

Offline brianthegardener

The Mask
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2010, 04:30:08 AM »
Ahmet is in Eski Bar, i think, he left The Mask.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf