Author Topic: Benefit's in Turkey  (Read 18194 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Benefit's in Turkey
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2010, 22:56:18 PM »
What I meant was that Heather said the only way to do it is to cheat the system. She didn't say this was a way she agreed with  :)

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
Benefit's in Turkey
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2010, 23:15:52 PM »
Question---"Has anyone any idea's how we may get round this."

Answer---  "Only way to do it is to cheat the system"

I agreed with Janet's post.

And for the record I do not agree with people cheating the system.

Offline cheers

Benefit's in Turkey
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2010, 23:18:04 PM »
I just agreed with both their comments - Just added my twopennyworth and stand by my comment.

Offline bigvic

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2010, 10:42:01 AM »
Where does BoxerPete state that he intends to cheat the system?Surely he is asking for a legal way round this!Pete,one is allowed to draw the state pension here and that's it...

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Benefit's in Turkey
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2010, 10:51:46 AM »
Worth clarifying Vic - Boxerpete didn't mention or suggest cheating the system. That was one of the suggestions made in reply.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Benefit's in Turkey
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2010, 13:42:59 PM »
I can't see any way around this without cheating. It's just one of those things I'm afraid.

Good luck if you do decide to move and I hope the Turkish lifestyle suits you both. Be careful though - it's not as cheap as you think and you will need a decent income to survive without work.

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

Benefit's in Turkey
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2010, 21:10:51 PM »
It does annoy me when I hear of people trying to cheat the system. The rules are specific and people should do their homework and weigh up the pros and cons on moving from the UK to a foreign country.I understand peoples frustrations when they see the way the UK treats immigrants especially if they have paid taxes and NI for years.

I am a diabetic and knew the rules before I left. I am now in the process of returning to the UK as it has become too expensive for me to pay all the medical bills that I incur in Turkey.Ever since I left the UK I continued to pay tax on my work pension so when I go back I do not feel that I am taking advantage. I would have loved to stay in Turkey and get all my medicines paid for by the UK government.

Including regular visits to the doctor and all the various tests and the medicines it was getting close to 200 GBP a month.

Offline cheers

Benefit's in Turkey
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2010, 23:07:33 PM »
People will always try and cheat the system!  That is for their conscience not mine!  My original post said "I would rather my taxes went to easing life for your wife no matter where you live than they go to all the immigrant scroungers living off me at the moment!!".  It is up to boxerpete after asking the advice here what he does.
The link to this article was posted on CBF on the 11th July not by me I may add.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1293730/Somali-asylum-seeker-family-given-2m-house--complaining-5-bed-London-home-poor-area.html?ITO=1708&referrer=yahoo

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Benefit's in Turkey
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2010, 01:23:56 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Ovacikpeedoff

It does annoy me when I hear of people trying to cheat the system. The rules are specific and people should do their homework and weigh up the pros and cons on moving from the UK to a foreign country.I understand peoples frustrations when they see the way the UK treats immigrants especially if they have paid taxes and NI for years.

I am a diabetic and knew the rules before I left. I am now in the process of returning to the UK as it has become too expensive for me to pay all the medical bills that I incur in Turkey.Ever since I left the UK I continued to pay tax on my work pension so when I go back I do not feel that I am taking advantage. I would have loved to stay in Turkey and get all my medicines paid for by the UK government.

Including regular visits to the doctor and all the various tests and the medicines it was getting close to 200 GBP a month.

Well said and best wishes form me  :)

Offline boxerpete

Benefit's in Turkey
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2010, 16:31:41 PM »
We have spoken to the DWP again and have been told to put it all in a letter or mail, Some cases are now being looked at by a commitee. I hold little hope, Also I have been told not to do this until we are ready to move. Which is really silly because it could mean that we will not move to turkey. I will update at a later date as we are still trying to sell our house and one that we rent in the UK. I think it will be a long wait, thank's for all your comment's

Pete  

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf