Author Topic: Robbie Savage  (Read 1042 times)

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
Robbie Savage
« on: August 23, 2010, 21:09:42 PM »
Only 2 weeks into the football season and I'm already fed up of listening to Robbie Savage. He seems to have secured a slot on 5 live 606, and again he was on Sunday Roast with Colin Murray and then the final straw was tonight as part of the commentary team on the Man City/Liverpool match. He seems to be slurring his words tonight which is irritating as I don't pay my license fee to listen to Robbie savage all weekend and least of all pished on a school night. But my biggest gripe is that the bloke is just a hooligan when it comes to a discussion about football. He basically just shouts at the callers if he disagrees with them, as a result of not being able to form a descent counter argument no doubt.

BBC get the over payed blonde haired twit off please. 8)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Robbie Savage
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 21:30:20 PM »
It seems to be the way sometimes at the BBC. Loud mouthed moron John Gaunt was on my local radio station before moving on to BBC London then Talk Sport and currently with The Sun (I think?). From day one he was quite obviously a bully who loved to receive calls from people who agreed with him, and shouted over the top of anyone who dared to disagree with him - often rubbishing their opinion before they'd even had a chance to give it all. He became more and more of a radio thug right up till the time he left for BBC London - on one occasion forced to apologise on air for telling a caller he was going to come round his house with a baseball bat to discuss things further.

Underneath all the shouting and bullying was a man who had very little intellect at all, he often got completely the wrong end of many a caller's point and shouted them down based on what he thought their view was. The point is, he's done very well in broadcasting...

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
Robbie Savage
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 21:50:37 PM »
exactly the same Scunner, one discussion was about fans being allowed to boo the payers of the team they supported, if they didn't feel they were putting in the effort. Robbie shouted and screamed that no player would go onto a pitch and not put in the effort. He was then politely reminded that in his book he wrote that as a player he had gone onto the pitch hoping for a transfer and not put in the effort. The blokes a dick, get him off.

Offline scot

• Ayr, Scotland, UK
Robbie Savage
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 22:33:22 PM »
I would't want to fall out with you Abby or meet you when you are in a bad mood lol.
Your Friend Bruce

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
Robbie Savage
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 05:23:54 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by scot

I would't want to fall out with you Abby or meet you when you are in a bad mood lol.
Your Friend Bruce

Oh yes - youv'e got that right Bruce- watch yourself :D
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 05:48:54 AM by Gorgeous_bird »

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Robbie Savage
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 13:13:53 PM »
Is Mr Savage keeping you awake at night GB ;)

Offline maximumtom

Robbie Savage
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 18:12:55 PM »
When I hear people shouting to reinforce their argument , it makes me smile.  I used to work with the wife of a vicar. She used to help clear up the church after services. One day she was clearing the pulpit after they had had a sermon given by a visiting parson. The parson had left his notes in the pulpit. In the margin at one point was written " Argument weak - SHOUT !"

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
Robbie Savage
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2010, 18:13:18 PM »
No my gall stones are keeping me up at night literally- but he did somewhat ruin my weekend, we always listen to 5 live and as this moron was on it was a toe curling experience.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf