Author Topic: selling and buying turkish to turkish  (Read 6460 times)

Offline col

selling and buying turkish to turkish
« on: October 10, 2010, 08:58:55 AM »
Has any British here gone through the procedure of selling their property as a private transaction to a Turk and then buying again from a Turkish private seller? Both properties are re-sale. If so, is it correct that there is no need for the 3 month wait for milatary searches to go ahead again? Making it all quite a quick turnaround in selling and buying.
Hope someone has been through this and can just confirm.
many thanks.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 09:53:01 AM »
You can sell to a Turkish national in a minute so you can get the money there and then and they get the tapu into their name without any waiting for military searches and the like. If you are buying at the same time, that part of the transaction won't be so quick, it will be 2-3 months as usual as the military searches do need to be done for you to buy.

Offline col

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 11:01:22 AM »

Thanks Keith.
Good to be reassured on this, as I was told that my buying side of it from a Turkish owner would be just as quick and straight forward. But as you say...I would still have to wait 2 or 3 months. Unless of course I have enough trust in them (which I have) to still go ahead with the move and wait till the search for me has once again been passed.
As always, many thanks

quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

You can sell to a Turkish national in a minute so you can get the money there and then and they get the tapu into their name without any waiting for military searches and the like. If you are buying at the same time, that part of the transaction won't be so quick, it will be 2-3 months as usual as the military searches do need to be done for you to buy.

Offline maximuscleo

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 13:07:23 PM »
dear Colin dont say TURK again respect TURKiSH PEOPLE like we do to english people i cant believe dear scunner lets people talk like colin on this forum.its awfull

Offline maximuscleo

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2010, 13:15:10 PM »
than again colin is a friend of DEAR SCUNNER KEiTH and colin can talk however he wants in this forum  sorry

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2010, 13:15:24 PM »
I run the website, I am not his mother. Also, please do not tell people not to say something again - it is not your place to dictate to members. I wonder what you are talking about, that calling someone a Turk might be disrespectful!!! Did Mustafa Kemal Ataturk himself not say "how happy is the one who says I am a Turk".

Now settle down and get on with trying to buy everything in the Buy & Sell forum.

Offline Eric

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2010, 13:22:41 PM »
Oh my giddy Aunt, PC police at it here ;)
We talk about 'British People' as Brits, Expats etc. are we wrong in doing that?  'Turkish People' call their fellow countrymen (persons) Turks so what is insulting about it?  In fact yesterday's Turkish Daily News, a national Turkish newspaper, was referring to "Urban Turks" in one of its headline stories.  Is this offensive?
Get real![:(!]

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2010, 13:24:13 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by maximuscleo

than again colin is a friend of DEAR SCUNNER KEiTH and colin can talk however he wants in this forum  sorry

Correct, as can anyone who doesn't talk rubbish (like you just did). When it comes to asking people to have respect, you should really sort your own respect out first. If you don't like the way CBF is, I can stop the agony for you.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2010, 13:31:46 PM »
And here is Mustafa Akyol writing in Hurriyet. He appears to be proud to be a Turk:

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/n.php?n=proud-to-be-a-turk-especially-these-days--2010-06-04

Yes, the headline does hint at him being proud to be a Turk :D

Offline col

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2010, 14:04:13 PM »

having just seen this, time for my reply, and I won't shout as you seem to prefer to do.
I have lots of respect for all my friends here, be they Brits or Turks, as they are quite happy to be called. I have also had a property here for 7 years, been living here for over 2 years, and I would certainly not call that as being disrespectful to anyhing or anybody being Turkish.
As for being a friend of Keiths, that has nothing to do with you.
I also believe you will note from many of the 1000's of postings on this forum, the expression 'Turks' is used by many people and not one of them mean it as disrespectful.
But if you have nothing better to do with your time, perhaps you would like to reply to them all and see exactly the sort of replies you get.

quote:
Originally posted by maximuscleo

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf