Author Topic: Whats happened to Liverpool?  (Read 2597 times)

Offline micky mouse

Whats happened to Liverpool?
« on: October 17, 2010, 19:46:24 PM »
It was sad to see Liverpool beaten again today second from bottom as a fulham I cant believe whats happening to this great club,and to lose to everton well.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 19:51:42 PM »
It's a bit controversial, but I have a real feeling that the players welcomed the off-field chaos as an excuse to not bother performing. I hope I am wrong but to me that is the problem. How else can such a group be 2nd bottom?

No distractions now, it's time to earn your fortunes.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 21:35:28 PM »
I don't understand. Apart from Konchesky and Lucus, the starting eleven are all seasoned international players who surely must know what the Merseyside derby means to the fans.

Given that, and the vast sums of money they earn, then to turn in such a lacklustre performance is shameful.

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 21:57:45 PM »
We were beaten by a better team, dont know what match Roy was at to give that interview at the end, for me, Gerrard, Carra and Reinna were the only ones to turn up today, and why Lucas was playing beats me,the  club needs a huge shake up and Roy needs to put an attacking side out, I have never known a Liverpool side like this, I should be out now absolutely pi$$ed, so look on the bright side, saved me a few bob and a huge hangover. ;) YNWA.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 22:06:56 PM »
I did say a year ago that I had no idea why Lucas gets to play for Liverpool - he's a very lucky boy because he would struggle to hold down a place in the Northampton or Port Vale teams. Roy needs a chance to make his stamp on the team but to be honest I don't rate him and never have. I see him as a very lucky manager indeed and no more. My feeling is similar to the Souness days, where Liverpool brought in so many players quite obviously not in the Anfield mould.  

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2010, 22:15:23 PM »
I agree, and I dont think O.Neil is the answer either, he is too quick to do one when there is a problem, but something needs to be done and very soon,

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2010, 22:19:05 PM »
Agreed - to be honest I think the best man for the job might well be the one you just let go :-\

Offline Jukebox

• Leeds, UK
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2010, 22:51:25 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

It's a bit controversial, but I have a real feeling that the players welcomed the off-field chaos as an excuse to not bother performing. I hope I am wrong but to me that is the problem. How else can such a group be 2nd bottom?

No distractions now, it's time to earn your fortunes.

Totally agree. It's a shame they cant have their money withheld for being a set of divas!
Like I said on F.B, Shanks, Paisley and Fagan will be spinning at how this shower of sh1t have been performing!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 22:53:41 PM by Jukebox »

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member

Offline sandgrounder

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2010, 11:09:37 AM »
I've said this on FB but there is only one way out now for Liverpool and that is to get back to the "old boot room days". For me there is only one man out there who can do this and that is Phil Thomson with Sammy Lee as his right hand man. Mind you, not till next season please so City have a chance of some silverware ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf