Author Topic: Prawn sandwiches. Not quite.  (Read 1004 times)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Prawn sandwiches. Not quite.
« on: November 21, 2010, 15:42:23 PM »
Last Monday I was delighted to receive an invitation from an international firm to corporate hospitality at a football match.

Imagine my surprise and disappointment on Thursday when the itinerary for Nairn County v Rothes arrived. Here is Nairn County's idea of corporate hospitality for the Match Sponsors

Lunch: Not provided
Pre-match drinks: In the Boardroom ( a portacabin located at one end of the ground)
Corporate Seating: Main stand (see below) - seats comprised a 6 x 2 plank of wood (painted).

Half time: Tea (option of coffee not available), 24 homemade sandwiches (choice of  12egg or 12 ham),  20 small sausage rolls, one bowl of crisps
Post Match: Back to portacabin for drink.

So how would I sum up the day.

It was an absolutely wonderful day spent in the company of real football people who put their heart and soul into keeping their local club going.

Lunch was excellent with plenty of "crack" and good humour.

The game itself was splendid with both young teams (reportedly on £ 60 per man) trying to play passing football throughout. There was no diving, no attempts to con the referee and despite the odd strong challenge there were not one instance of histrionics or people rolling about in alleged agony. The home fans in the stand voiced their appreciation of good play by the visitor on numerous occasions.

Post match hospitality included being invited to a local hotel where both sets of players and club officials were standing at the bar sharing bar meals and a pint. Great.

Many thanks to my hosts and Nairn County FC.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 16:00:43 PM by Highlander »

Offline fletch

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 08:02:47 AM »
Fabulous just fabulous!....a far cry from what we have to provide week in week out and still we have complaints.  :o

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 13:27:40 PM »
I wonder what negativity was responsible for coffee not being available. Can't be bothered is the normal reason for things like this.

Offline BM06

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 13:59:25 PM »
Sounds like a good day H but ''crack'' with lunch sounds a bit strange, did you mean craic?

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2010, 18:14:51 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

I wonder what negativity was responsible for coffee not being available. Can't be bothered is the normal reason for things like this.

Worse yet there was no orange juice on offer.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf