Author Topic: ESPN - is it worth it?  (Read 814 times)

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
ESPN - is it worth it?
« on: December 09, 2010, 16:55:23 PM »
I was really disappointed to find that when I got home after 6 months in Turkey that Sky Sports News had gone!!!

I won't pay for Sky - I did have Setanta a couple of years ago and I can get ESPN for £9.99 a month with no contract which seems a decent deal but looking at their TV schedule can anyone tell me:

1) Is there a Saturday afternoon football results update like the Jeff Stelling one on Sky Sports News - I can't see one and I really liked chilling out on a Saturday watching the results coming through?

2) I seem to remember on Setanta that with a freeview box and a card slot you couldn't get all the tv channels - so does that restrict me from seeing some good programmes?

No - I will not just pay for Sky - too careful and we need all our money to come back for another 6 months :D :D

Offline fletch

ESPN - is it worth it?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 20:31:47 PM »
I have bt vision and ESPN is on there, Crap!!!

I think I've only watched 1 or 2 games on it this season and even the camera angle is rubbish. Not a touch on Sky really, I am going back to Sky on Saturday and have taken the whole HD package for just 35.50 per month for a year. All part of a half price for a year deal that came through the letterbox.

I should add that I am impressed with bt vision and as such will be keeping that. :D
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 20:32:59 PM by fletch »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf