Author Topic: We're Waiting  (Read 1635 times)

Offline fletch

We're Waiting
« on: January 09, 2011, 18:04:57 PM »
Come on Man City, do away with that lot from Leicester and make your way down to Meadow Lane. :D ;)

Whatever the result it will be a winning day for Notts County FC. We are all excited at the prosect of welcoming the richest club in football and not to mention the world class players that will tread the pitch of such a great club.

I love the F.A.Cup.....:D:D:D:D

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
We're Waiting
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 18:08:02 PM »
Me too, and I love the third round possibly more than the final itself :D

Great to follow your personal FA Cup experiences too Fletch, very exciting events for you to be involved with.

Offline fletch

We're Waiting
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 18:53:58 PM »
Living the dream, living the dream!

It's great to share this experience alongside friends I have worked with for some years as well. I agreed to take up a role at the club a couple of months ago but things have changed or may well be about to which means a return to one of our other companies, I'm happy to do so but do not want to miss out on all this excitement.

It's hard talking to people without sounding too big headed or showing off and although I don't want to upset frinds, I also want to share my experiences of rubbing shoulers with such high profile footballing fame.

We are holding many big events in 2012 as we will be 150 years old and the oldest football league club in the world but one of the events is going to be massive and crammed with world greats and even royalty. It will be my role to ensure the logistics of the events are met with the highest of quality.

I am nothing but a council estate cockney that has endured a few short straws whilst growing up and this is experience is fantastic, mainly because I get to share it with my family as well.

If there is anyone on the forum that wants to come down to Meadow Lane and watch a game then give me a shout and I will sort you a ticket. (yes for free)  ;)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
We're Waiting
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 19:01:11 PM »
What a splendid offer fletch. As you know I had a splendid day out at another County, Nairn, at the tail end of last year. Sadly it's a long way down to your place so I don't think I'll make it.

The very best wishes for the future for you and NCFC.

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
We're Waiting
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 20:32:08 PM »
Fletch - did you ever come across Tony Barrowcliffe (jnr).

He was a business contact and I remember him inviting me to a game a about 15 years ago and we were in the boardroom afterwards as I think his father was involved in the club?

To an impartial observer I seem to remember thinking that it was a very pleasant relaxed "family" type atmosphere but one that was maybe not being run on a very sound commercial basis?

Either way - great to see them turning it around - I remember fondly many games against them in the late 80's as I followed Oldham.

Ian

Offline fletch

We're Waiting
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2011, 21:13:32 PM »
Thanks for that H

Ian, I have not heard of that name but then that means nothing as we have only been involved with the club since February.

I have been a friend of Ray Trew for about 7 years as well as working for him. Ray took over the club whilst it was in a period of turmoil due to the Munto Ownwership, this topic will be covered on tv later this month or in February by Panorama. They have been filming down at the ground and investigating the wrong doings of the previous owners and also reporting on the way that the club has and is moving forward whilst under the control of Ray.

You are correct in saying that there is a family atmosphere at the club and that is the main reason I've taken to them so much. The commercial side of things was shocking to say the least and we are now in the middle of an education process and introducing new staff and procedures to ensure the club has a stable finacial platform to call upon. We have worked hard in introducing partnerships such as 'vision express' Co-operative Group' 'Carlsberg' '3663' etc. These corporate companies see the value in what we are trying to achieve and support us very hard, results such as knocking Sunderland out of the cup is the reward because now their name will be advertised to bigger clubs and tv is the bonus.

I have now removed myself from the commercial side of things as we also have major problems in banqueting and more so tea bar areas. Quality of service has been suffering due to the lack of it but again I have managed to educate staff that cheaper is not the way forward. Both myself and Ray have discussed this at length and the message we promote to all staff is that, the most important thing to our supporters is the matchday experience and one of the few things we have control over. We endeavour to compete with other clubs on price of food etc but make sure that they receive it in a way that is not only professional but good quality and clean from trained uniformed staff that do things with a smile. I want to make sure that even if the team lose 10-0, that the supporter will leave the stadium having had a great experience either way.

The supporters of Notts County FC have had their club turned upside down over the last few years and our aim is to bring a matchday experience not to be forgotten and finacial stability that will help to move the club forward. Ray had the target of reaching the play off's this season and at times it seemed unachievable but with the introduction of Paul Ince it seems to have put us back on track.

I suppose all I can say is "Watch this space", NCFC has a truely great pedigree and history to share with people that enjoy football, over the next couple of years we will once again cement it into the minds of our sport for years to come.

Sorry for banging on but a little insight to the world of Notts County FC shouldn't offend anyone. (Only Forest Supporters)

;):D

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
We're Waiting
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2011, 21:21:09 PM »
Fletch

Absolutely no need to apologies. It's interesting and makes a very pleasant change from the "scum" and "hate" comments in this section.

If you are ever up in this part of the world, I would recommend that you visit Ross County. For such a small club with limited resources, their Corporate Hospitality is second to none (and far superior to ICT'S. They do benefit from a "front man" who knows the game and does a fabulous stint pre-match, at half time and full time.

Offline fletch

We're Waiting
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2011, 21:40:26 PM »
In the world of working for Ray Trew you never know where you will end up?????

I think he is the only person in this country that now owns a professional mens football team, a professional ladies football team and a professional mens rugby team.

Notts County FC
Lincoln Ladies FC
Nottingham Rugby FC

Ross County FC next??????????? ;):D

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
We're Waiting
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2011, 22:06:15 PM »
Fletch - I had corporate hospitality at Maine Road for 3 years - mainly because I knew the company (appointed by Francis Lee who knew quality catering) and the Chef who was appointed and I started supplying the club with Fresh Produce at the time (I had a business serving Hotels, Caterers and the Hospitality trade across the UK.
They controlled the restaurants and the kiosks around the ground.

My point is "the overall experience was phenomenal" and the Customers were very happy enjoying that experience no matter what the result on the pitch - even though clearly the results made it better still.

It was fine dining at it's best! Guests (and I got to know a lot of other sponsors) said "we might be in Division 2 for the football but we are the Champions League for the dining experience!

After 3 years and now in the premier league they took out this very small but highly regarded catering business and replaced them with one of the global giants!

I can tell you that the standards dropped immediately - from that day catering at MCFC became a cheapest product - highest price offer!

Low paid staff - de-motivated - out of stocks etc etc
Hence I never went with them to Eastlands - like many others.

So good luck and I am sure you will achieve your objectives.

Ian

Offline fletch

We're Waiting
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2011, 22:11:51 PM »
Ian, that is very interesting and you have now activated my mind at 10:10pm which means no sleep for me again.

Seriously though, I will take note of what you have just said as it has given me an idea.

Thanks for that.

Fletch

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf