Author Topic: Our big day.....  (Read 2188 times)

Offline fletch

Our big day.....
« on: January 27, 2011, 17:39:41 PM »
is nearly here and there is still so much to do. All 18 executive boxes have been sold, 220 in the 1862 having a meal, 210 in the Wheelers suite having a meal, 180 in the Masson Suite having a meal and the Man City Board in the Slater Suite. Our revamped sports bar holds 400 and is always jammed, we have bought in extra burger bars to go with the existing 9 we already have and we are deploying about 25 hawkers.

Beer is available a plenty, the ITV box is now sat in place and signage placed on the boardings.

The mood around Meadow Lane is buzzing and we can't wait to get the match on. Yes we may get hammered but it doesn't matter because we are on tv playing the richest club in world football. Our average crowd is around 7-8k per match and we sold out last week to an adjusted capacity (due to tv) of around 17k

I was with Ray today and we looked at everything that was going on around the stadium, looked at eachother and laughed in disbelief at what we are about to take part in.

So, even though you may support one of the big boys (that's you out Stoop!!:D) please turn on your tv on Sunday afternoon at 1:30pm for a 2pm kick off and please give poor old Notts County FC a cheer.

We will take every little bit of support we can get!!!! ;)

My tip: I still think we could grab a draw and my good mate Westy to score first.  :o

COME ON YOU PIES!!!!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Our big day.....
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 17:43:17 PM »
Why, what's going on?

:D

It must be amazingly exciting Fletch, I'm looking forward to it very much so you must be bursting  :)

Don't forget to wear your CBF T shirt for the telly!  ;)

Offline fletch

Our big day.....
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 18:26:20 PM »
I won't get to see the game as most of my time is spent behind the scenes at home games but I may try to pop up somewhere! :D

Not sure who is coming from the City board but I will be popping in to make sure they are comfortable and have everything they need.  ;)

We are having so many meetings and have decided to open the doors of the Sports Club at 0830hrs, this will give those fans that can't sleep and that can't wait to get to the ground somewhere to grab a breakfast and a cuppa.

I just hope the fans have a great day and don't read too much into anything IF we lose.

It shouldn't be so exciting to the likes of myself as I am used to seeing the big teams blah blah! but I am so excited it's like Xmas all over again. If Westy scores the winner I will be on the pitch celebrating I just know it.

I can't help thinking that we might bloody win and if that were to happen........OMG!!!! :o :o:D

Offline sandgrounder

Our big day.....
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 18:52:42 PM »
Hey Fletch, say hello to Bernard Halford(The City President) for me. I sold him his place in Calis:D

I know how you feel about your big day. I had the same thing at Southport this season for the FA Cup first round. We played Sheffield Wednesday and it was the live ITV game:D
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 18:54:12 PM by sandgrounder »

Offline sandgrounder

Our big day.....
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 18:58:15 PM »
PS, it's a bit spooky Fletch but do you realise you have the same name as the Safety Officer at City? :)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Our big day.....
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2011, 19:02:29 PM »
I'm sure everything will go splendidly Fletch and the very best of luck to your team. You never know, it's a funny old game. :)

Offline Gary-O

Our big day.....
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2011, 06:10:37 AM »
Fletch,

Stranger things have happened in football!! Being a Nottingham boy i will think of the Pies while i am cheering on the boys from across the river. It will be great for the city if both teams go through, and who knows a Forest - County final??

Ok, i know it wont happen, but we can all dream, that's what the F.A Cup is all about  :)

Offline fletch

Our big day.....
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2011, 06:37:43 AM »
I would take that final every time!!:D

Offline yabanci

Our big day.....
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2011, 11:28:23 AM »
Good luck on Sunday Pete,and I hope County win and draw Arsenal in the next round,just to see who you would be supporting then.:D

Offline jwood

• Nottingham, UK
Our big day.....
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2011, 13:56:49 PM »
Come on Notts !!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf