Author Topic: Hyperlink Problem  (Read 1659 times)

Offline maximumtom

Hyperlink Problem
« on: February 02, 2011, 15:57:26 PM »
I  had a problem and had to get the shop to reinstall the operating system (XP). Since then I have had to reinstall everything onto the bare operating system. Everything seems to be working except hyperlinks from IE7. If I click on a hyperlink, the page starts to load ( including some text and pictures) but then stops with the error message "IE cannot open the internet site" ... Operation Aborted".  There is no problem if I access the same link using Firefox.  Any ideas would be gratefully received.   :)

Following a little more invertigation , it seems to be a problem on links to Zaman newspaper.[?]
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 16:15:52 PM by maximumtom »

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Hyperlink Problem
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 18:18:12 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by maximumtom

Following a little more invertigation , it seems to be a problem on links to Zaman newspaper.[?]

Oh well, you ain't gonna miss much. ;)

Offline maximumtom

Hyperlink Problem
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 09:34:22 AM »
I haave another (possibly related) hyperlink problem. When I cut and paste a web address to CBF, it doesn't come up as a link. I have the same problem if I try to add a link in Hotmail (using Firefox) but there is no problem with Hotmail if I use IE. Any ideas please ?

Offline simpsons

Hyperlink Problem
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 10:38:26 AM »
Have you tried downloading a later version of IE. We got ours back a couple of weeks ago from the shop, after having XP reinstalled. They had put on IE6, which we had problems with. I downloaded IE8 and the problems disappeared. Or maybe, you could download Google Chrome and see  if this clears the problem.

Offline maximumtom

Hyperlink Problem
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 19:20:08 PM »
I don't have the problem in Hotmail when I use IE and I can get around the problem by creating the hyperlink in Word and then copying and pasting but I wondered if anyone knew of a Mozilla problem fix.  Thanks anyway.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Hyperlink Problem
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 19:29:51 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by maximumtom

I wondered if anyone knew of a Mozilla problem fix.  

Yep, don't use it for links.  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf