Author Topic: Zoo pet shop  (Read 12990 times)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Zoo pet shop
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2011, 11:19:10 AM »
Why on earth would they do that?

Offline Pompeylil

Zoo pet shop
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2011, 20:54:39 PM »
Would be willing to make a small donation either direct to Monkey World or via Animal Aid to assist with the release of this monkey either to someone who can home him with plenty of room or with his journey home if they can help.

Offline lucie

Zoo pet shop
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2011, 00:28:30 AM »
I would also make a small donation to help this poor creature to have a better life.

Offline Old Daffodil

Zoo pet shop
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2011, 10:34:21 AM »
Who imports the monkeys?
I was told that it is sailors bringing them in at Izmir.

Offline peecee

Zoo pet shop
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2011, 19:17:01 PM »
Don't know Tinks, that's what I was told when I asked where the dogs came from.  The dogs in question were Retrievers.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Zoo pet shop
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2011, 09:30:32 AM »
Well the girls went to see the young lady Fulye who runs this shop yesterday, she told them the history of the monkey.
it is a six year old Velvet Monkey from South Africa, his name is Toto, it was landed on them by a couple who returned to England about three years ago,The shop gave them 1800Lira for the monkey and a parrot which was rehomed, it had actually got a very good temperement until the local kids started taunting it, there are people that come and visit it every month and actually take it from its cage for a cuddle and its fine also when the shop is quiet they lock the doors and let the monkey run around the shop.
Terrie and Pauline talked to her about re-homong the monkey and she was quite happy to let it go to a good home although they would like some return on it finding a decent home is more important she said.
There is also a possibility of making a slightly bigger cage, maybe up to the ceiling so it can get away from any nasties: :)
As for Monkey World taking it, they have been approached before and because it is not an endangered species and also not in any danger or bad health they cant help.
So if anyone wants a monkey and is happy to have their home checked out, no children, we can get it away from the shop alternatively we can get a bigger cage made?

We will contact Monkey World again and see if there has been any change in policies.

We will see if anyone comes forward to re-home it if not we shall start a cage fund next week ;)

The A Team :)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 09:31:56 AM by tinkerman »

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Zoo pet shop
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2011, 09:49:47 AM »
Thanks for the update, it's great to have people who care and are doing things to help animals in our area.
Hope someone could offer it a home, how nice it would be for the monkey to have a large cage in a garden.  
Will gladly donate to the cage fund if no takers for Toto.
It seems a lot of people go to live in Turkey and immediately take on pets, perhaps newbies should wait a while for pets, just in case they decide to return home.

Offline Old Daffodil

Zoo pet shop
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2011, 12:43:24 PM »
Would Monkey Pete be interested?

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Zoo pet shop
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2011, 12:46:24 PM »
Anybody who knows monkey Pete in Ovacik, would you pop in and see him to see if he is interested in helping us with the re-homing?

Thank You ;)

Offline Fran

Zoo pet shop
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2011, 17:26:04 PM »
I know this topic is almost a year old, but is there any news on the monkey. Was he rehomed, or given a bigger cage.
Thanks

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf