Author Topic: Rooney banned for two games  (Read 3814 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Rooney banned for two games
« on: April 04, 2011, 17:46:29 PM »
Wayne Rooney has been banned for two games after his foul mouthed tirade on Saturday.  He is appealing this verdict.
It saddens me to see what football is now coming to, when a player scores a hat trick and is so elated he celebrates by shouting four letter words at the camera, during a live match when families are watching.  
Rooney has it all.. 200k per week.  A wonderful life.  A wife (who has forgiven him his transgressions) a son, fabulous homes wonderful holidays and a Manager who defends him to the hilt no matter what he does.
Obviously he now feels he can do and say anything because he has always been forgiven and always will be.   He is beyond reproach, he has been so spoilt he feels he cannot and should not be punished for anything he does.
I suppose once he appeals his ban, this will be lifted.
We look back now at great players of the past, no matter who they played for, with admiration.  How will today's young generation look back at Rooney? :(

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 17:52:29 PM »
You can take the boy out of the council house but you wont take the council house out of the boy

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 17:57:33 PM »
Let's hope that every player who is heard swearing at televised football matches gets banned for two matches and hopefully more if they do it again. It is directly and entirely because of this that children swear like troopers in the Sunday morning matches in the parks of Britain.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 18:02:38 PM »
I could never understand how any player is allowed to swear at referee and get away with it.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 18:07:48 PM »
Or cause a referee to feel threatened enough to feel the need to walk backwards, it is totally outrageous. Once again, things that widely and regularly blight our national game that could be eradicated in five minutes.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011, 18:15:49 PM »
The answers in his pocket, it wouldnt take too many to get sent off before they got the message

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2011, 18:23:27 PM »
I agree, but this isn't about premiership players swearing down TV cameras, it is everywhere - even a non-carded free kick award is greeted with an F-off as a bare minimum. If the rule is to be that once on the pitch, swearing is a red card offence, how many games will be over at twenty past three :D

Offline BM06

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2011, 18:25:05 PM »
I think you will find he has been charged and he has until the 5th(tomorrow) to appeal, no ban yet! link http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-sport/article-23938339-rooney-charged-for-outburst.do  :o ;)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 18:31:03 PM by BM06 »

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2011, 18:37:05 PM »
All the sadder given his footballing display prior to the incident:(

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2011, 19:21:45 PM »
Time the F.A. got tough with these Prima Donna's I think the threat of a 6 match ban and 100k fine for any footballer swearing at the ref or at the camera would soon stop them.
I also don't agree about the council house thing.  Lots of footballers came from council house backgrounds, but did not behave like Rooney.  However, these footballers all had something between their ears other than fresh air.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf