Author Topic: Wenger's Gold  (Read 1071 times)

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Wenger's Gold
« on: May 02, 2011, 10:07:18 AM »
Assuming Arsene has learnt his lesson that he needs 3-4 key signings with e necessary maturity and experience to take the Arsenal team on to real glory next season, who should he buy?  And I'd prefer it if they were English, or at least British ... not a French accent amongst them anyway ;)

Here's my first thought Scott Parker (yes or no??)

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
Wenger's Gold
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 10:29:05 AM »
Scott Parker  Gary Cahill and  younger versions of  Norman Hunter and Paul Scholls

Offline ronzeus

Wenger's Gold
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 14:14:14 PM »
Phil Jones ,Jose Enrique,Shawcross and Odemwingie,all cheapish buys in to days inflated market,and Alex Ferguson will buy Arsene, Gomes as a gift for a friend. :D: :)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 14:15:48 PM by ronzeus »

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

Wenger's Gold
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 14:52:04 PM »
He should sell Cesc and get his £40m plus the £40m available. With a transfer kitty of £80m he could buy a few good players. Hhe will finish up doing the same old thing picking up bargain buys from the french league.

Arsene is a great manager but I do think he would not cut it at Manu, Madrid or Barca. He could not handle spending big money. He has his own style and paying big cash is not in his nature. As Cesc said if he was in any club in Spain he would have been sacked by now. I do not think he would survive at any of the other big clubs in ther Premiership. 6 years without a trophy is not that acceptable. Arsenal want to increase season ticket prices by 7% with nothing to show for it. If I was a season ticket holder I would be fed up with the usual we had a good season but we were not good enough.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 17:25:40 PM by Ovacikpeedoff »

Offline Eric

Wenger's Gold
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 18:36:44 PM »
Darren Bent, should get him without anyone knowing!  He seems to do deals without telling his club, so they can cut out the middle man and get him cheap.  Loyalty is a problem though!

Offline tel

Wenger's Gold
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 19:08:09 PM »
Agreed with Wengers caution but maybe Arsenal company is bringing in enough money to satisfy the owners.ie Euro cup runs and Premier top echelons. As much as I like Torres,would you, let alone Wenger spend 50 million on him? Strange nobody given Tinx grief over that goal on the line incident LOL

Offline ronzeus

Wenger's Gold
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 19:53:49 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by tel

Agreed with Wengers caution but maybe Arsenal company is bringing in enough money to satisfy the owners.ie Euro cup runs and Premier top echelons. As much as I like Torres,would you, let alone Wenger spend 50 million on him? Strange nobody given Tinx grief over that goal on the line incident LOL

:oRead the topic below tel.[^]

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf