Author Topic: E bay pictures  (Read 1543 times)

Offline Old Daffodil

E bay pictures
« on: May 20, 2011, 10:49:01 AM »
I have inherited some huge peices of furniture which I cannot put in the house so would like to sell them on E-bay. I have managed to open an account but don't know how to do the photograph part. Can anyone help please?

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
E bay pictures
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 11:03:40 AM »
when you list the item - it will ask you in the process if you wish to supply photographs, at this point you simply direct ebay to where the pictures are on your computer and it does the rest! You MAY need to upload some software but it will tell you if you do.

Offline Old Daffodil

E bay pictures
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 11:41:14 AM »
So if I put the photos on photobucket or something like that they will find them on there?

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
E bay pictures
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 11:44:06 AM »
No need for that Gloria, just upload them straight from your pc

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
E bay pictures
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2011, 18:02:19 PM »
Daffodil if you put them on Ebay the buyer will want to know do you ship?  If not you will have to ask people to collect which means you will narrow the field of sale as people may not want to travel miles to pick-up.  Also if you don't put a reserve the stuff could go for peanuts.
There are two more options, why don't you contact your local Auction rooms, most Auctions will come and date your furniture tell you all about it and give you an estimated price.  They  will collect your furniture and sell it for you with a commission.  Even if you don't sell with the Auction they will give you a good idea exactly what you have.  Why not put some of it on the Calis Carnival Antiques Roadshow where it will be valued and will make some money for the Carnival Week.

Offline Old Daffodil

E bay pictures
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2011, 20:43:08 PM »
Thanks for all the replies,
I have only just noticed your post Jacqui, thank for the suggestion,I missed the chance to do that.
I was lucky enough to sell the furniture privately so no problem in the end. I enjoy the programmes with David Dickinson and Tim Wonnacott,it was fun selling something.
I will have a stab at putting something on ebay with a photograph one day.
I do have photobucket to put photographs on the forum so would it be ok to use that for ebay?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 20:47:30 PM by Daffodil »

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
E bay pictures
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2011, 06:33:05 AM »
Daffodil: As someone said above, Ebay will take the pics direct from your computer, no need to upload them to an external site. When you get to the part of the proces is simply says "upload file" & you have options so you can find the photo folder on your pc & select the correct pic, hope that helps.

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
E bay pictures
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2011, 07:45:06 AM »
There is also gumtree for local sales.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf