Author Topic: Moving to Turkey  (Read 6952 times)

Offline quackers

Moving to Turkey
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2011, 08:06:35 AM »
At Devlet they have translators at the 'Can We Help You' desk in main reception and they will come to the doctor with you if you want. I have also used Devlet and can recommend them. As you say very busy but not all the people there are patients ,a lot are family who come with the patient. There is an appointment system as well and you can make appointments on line. You must register with the main reception when you go in and you need your passport but once on the system it's plain sailing.You just pay as you go along, easy.

Offline kizkucuk

Moving to Turkey
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2011, 08:43:23 AM »
You have the option once you have residency of taking out state health insurance - it's 182 lira a month and covers you and a spouse and any dependent children.   I have a friend who takes a lot of medication and needs a lot of check ups and she has found that this is the cheapest option as she now gets the majority free or for a very minimal cost. I'm told that the application process is straight forward and it comes through really quickly.   Unlike a lot of UK policies it does cover pre-existing conditions.

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

Moving to Turkey
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2011, 08:56:11 AM »
I did try the Devlet but my first experience put me off. Having made an appointment and paid my money I turned up and sat in the waiting area for nearly 3 hours to find that the doctor I was to see never turned up. While I was there a fight started and one of the doctors got a black eye and the police had to restore order.

If I had got to see the doctor then maybe I would have gone back.

Steve B1, if you do go to the Esnaf try and see Dr. Kamal. He started to look after me and he was very good.

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
Moving to Turkey
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2011, 09:06:45 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Ovacikpeedoff

I did try the Devlet but my first experience put me off. Having made an appointment and paid my money I turned up and sat in the waiting area for nearly 3 hours to find that the doctor I was to see never turned up. While I was there a fight started and one of the doctors got a black eye and the police had to restore order.

Sounds like my last visit to the A&E in Brighton, almost identical scenario except I didn't pay any money, well not directly to the hospital!

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

Moving to Turkey
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2011, 11:31:43 AM »
I thought joining the state health scheme has been suspended.
Apologies if I am wrong.

When I was in Turkey the state health scheme was not available.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 11:43:37 AM by Ovacikpeedoff »

Offline steveb1

Moving to Turkey
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2011, 12:59:32 PM »
ovacikpeedoff cheers for that

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
Moving to Turkey
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2011, 14:53:53 PM »
I was told earlier this week that once you have residency it entitles you to register with a local gp & get your minor consultations free. I know there are many "stories" about this, typical Turkey that you never quite know what's right or wrong, the joys of the country!

Offline ovaciksarah

Moving to Turkey
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2011, 13:07:37 PM »
we live in Ovacek and have done for more than 6 years, can think of nothing I miss about England, and here can,t wait until November to have peace and quiet away from the tourists, who the fatter they are the more they like to show, and the more urinated they get the louder and more embarrassing they are, give me tyhe locals any day

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
Moving to Turkey
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2011, 13:26:07 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by ovaciksarah

can,t wait until November to have peace and quiet away from the tourists, who the fatter they are the more they like to show, and the more urinated they get the louder and more embarrassing they are,
1 reason I plan to come back to the UK in June, July & August, the other being the heat, am not sure how well I'd cope with it at 40+c yet.

Offline kizkucuk

Moving to Turkey
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2011, 12:46:08 PM »
The State Health Scheme has not been made compulsory but you can still join it voluntarily if youhave residency.   it covere pre-existing conditions which a lot of other health policies won't - my friend has a number of long term health issues and found that taking the cover was cheaper than having to pay as she goes - she said the application process was reasonably straight forward too  :-)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf