Author Topic: shoping for a family of 6  (Read 2970 times)

Offline skiver

shoping for a family of 6
« on: July 27, 2011, 20:14:37 PM »
Hi all, i am staying in Ovacik for 3 weeks from friday and wondered where the best supermarket was to buy our food from. We are self catering in a villa and want to stock up on all the usual family grub including barbque. Been lurking around the forum for a few days but have probaly left it a bit late to ask. Thanks in advance for any help :)

Offline tony jenkins

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 21:29:05 PM »
The one in Ovacik   :)

Offline kizkucuk

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 21:30:01 PM »
BIM for your basics - bread, jam, butter, fizzy drinks, water all cheaper in BIM than anywhere else.

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 22:19:03 PM »
Agreed with Kizkucuk, Bim is a bit like Aldi but great for above. There is a new Azda in Ovacik and (in my opinion) a bigger & better Azda and Migros supermarkets in Hisaronu that sell all the sort of stuff you would get from the likes of the bigger supermarkets in the UK. Buy a Migros Card and an Azda card at the checkout before you pay for your shopping it will cost about 1 or 2 TL (70p) but you can save ££'s with it as they give you discount on certain items of shopping. They usually ask you at the checkout if you have a card each time you shop. There are no forms to fill in for them so no hassle.You may get a better deal on your beer from one of the smaller corner type shops dotted along the road in Ovacik to Hisaronu & most of these will deliver for free.

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 23:54:53 PM »
go to tespo great deals

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 08:40:55 AM »
market is on the Monday - so save all your salad, veg and fruit requirements for the market !   Not only will you save yourself a fortune but you will be amazed at the quality and variety available.   Enjoy !!

Offline skiver

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2011, 09:41:53 AM »
Thanks for all you replies. I found my old Azda card from 2 years ago and will see if it's still valid at the checkout.

Offline mary2

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2011, 18:49:27 PM »
hi we live in ovacik full time, we found kippa in fethiye cheaper than other super markets, azda is a lot dearer and so is migros bim is ok for small things fruit and veg only buy from market we used the saturday market it saves you a lot of money, enjoy your holiday.mary

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf