Author Topic: Should he stay or should he go?  (Read 3606 times)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Should he stay or should he go?
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2011, 11:09:50 AM »
they were the top biggest spender until a few seasons ago spending nearly 500m, not bad for a club that doesn't have to buy.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2011, 11:13:08 AM »
My point is that they didn't need a rich owner to finance buying players - well until those American dickheads bought the club and plunged it into huge debt, causing a need to borrow to purchase things like players. And paper clips.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2011, 11:16:53 AM »
Believe it or not we have some Leeds fans who want Bates to spend big to get us back into the Prem - or some sugar daddy to buy the club. Personally I would rather see the club buy from the lower leagues or from abroad than pay the extortionate prices others are paying to get success. Bates' motto is to build the club up slowly but surely without giving into the high wage demands of some players and their agents. It's heart warming to see the likes of Beckford, Nunez, Becchio, Somma and others coming in at virtually no cost and proving their are still bargains out there. Adam Clayton was at Man City and they let us have him for a snip - thanks guys - great player and young ... and ambitious.

I fear for the likes of Everton who are skint but trying to stay in the Prem on a low budget. I hope they do well this season but I fear they might be in big trouble when even the likes Sunderland are spending mega bucks to try and stay in the league.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 11:20:07 AM by stoop »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf