Author Topic: Car Tax rates 2012  (Read 5257 times)

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Car Tax rates 2012
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2012, 16:03:20 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by lance

Well i sorted my new rates out wish i hadnt  bothered 149 for car now, new car i going to buy in 2 weeks 1059.00 tl or perhaps i wont . ;) quite easy Baz .:D

Well there you go Baz, your User Guide passed the 'Lance Test'.  I reckon there are not many professional copy writers out there that could achieve that challenge.  Well done sir[^][^]

Offline BUBSMUM

Car Tax rates 2012
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2012, 10:47:34 AM »
Well mine came out at 190.50 - not too bad I guess - can't wait for my annual visit to the Maliye office - go in take ticket - ticket number comes up - they down tools for lunch.  I go have luch at Lokanta opposite - come back and wait another 30 mins to hand them the money.  Love it a proper day out that is (NOT).  No please don't tell me to pay through bank - cos there have been massive probs in the past when people have done that - so I'll just take a deep breath, grit my teeth, bury my nose in a perfumed hanky and wait it out in tax queue (did I say queue???????)

Offline brianthegardener

Car Tax rates 2012
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2012, 16:56:23 PM »
in and out in 5 minutes .. one person infront of me .. no ticket to collect as machine was "kaput". :P
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 16:56:56 PM by brianthegardener »

Offline Denton

Car Tax rates 2012
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2012, 10:43:10 AM »
Just the same for us today at 9.30a.m.  No ticket as machine still not fixed and only one person at the counter.  In and out in 10 mins instead of the usual hour or so.  Thought we must we dreaming.
!

Offline LeeGlo

Car Tax rates 2012
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2012, 17:53:26 PM »
Anybody know if you can pay your car tax with a Nationwide Visa credit card, registered to a Turkish address, or do they only take cash?

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Car Tax rates 2012
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2012, 23:11:26 PM »
They only take cash. We once queued for over an hour to be told this when we got to the front of the queue. Went in yesterday afternoon. In and out in 10 mins. I didnt see the ticket machine I just joined the very small queue. It seems that Turkish people are also short of money in the New Year and wait until the last 3 days to pay. Trust me it is as Chris Says a full days job then. Go now if you can.!!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Car Tax rates 2012
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2012, 23:23:26 PM »
One thing about this type of taxation is you see how much the UK and Turkey differ - in the UK until recently there were incentives to ditch your old (as in 10 year old plus) car and buying a new one. The Turkish system of course targets the gas guzzlers but the range is outrageous - from what, £6,000 per year to tax a Range Rover down to twenty quid for a year's tax on a smoky old antique. No wonder the roads are filled with dangerously ancient polluting old bangers.

Offline Diverbaz 1

Car Tax rates 2012
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2012, 07:59:56 AM »

quote:
No wonder the roads are filled with dangerously ancient polluting old bangers.

Oiii!!! you leave me out of this:D ;)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Car Tax rates 2012
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2012, 08:08:55 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

One thing about this type of taxation is you see how much the UK and Turkey differ - in the UK until recently there were incentives to ditch your old (as in 10 year old plus) car and buying a new one. The Turkish system of course targets the gas guzzlers but the range is outrageous - from what, £6,000 per year to tax a Range Rover down to twenty quid for a year's tax on a smoky old antique. No wonder the roads are filled with dangerously ancient polluting old bangers.

I think you will find anything over 25 years old in the UK is tax free

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Car Tax rates 2012
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2012, 11:38:57 AM »
Yes I know

Car over 25 Years old (UK):

Car over 25 Years old (TR):

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo