Author Topic: bead shop  (Read 2770 times)

Offline Lorraine

bead shop
« on: August 07, 2012, 06:01:22 AM »
A few years ago there was a bead shop that you could buy loose beads, it is no longer there. Does anyone know of another shop in Fethiye that sells beads (i am looking for turkish eye beads about size of a english 20p or slightly bigger).

thanks

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Re: bead shop
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 07:45:21 AM »
You could try the hobby shop, it's the 2nd road on the RHS after McDonalds walking towards Fethiye

Offline Marggie

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 09:11:09 AM »
Sorry I don't know the name or exact location but there is another shop in the region of the cinema that sells cottons, embroidery silks, cheap jewellery and beads.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 09:12:50 AM »
Call into Hippy Chick (in the lane opposite the Mulberry Tree) and ask Lynda who makes lots of Jewellery.  Her stuff is nice and so reasonable priced you may not want to make your own.  However, if you do, she may be able to sell you some beads as she has quite a big stock.

Offline Lorraine

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 14:03:09 PM »
Many thaks for the replies, will have a wander next time in Fethiye..and call into hippy chick.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 14:31:24 PM »
There was or used to be a Bead shop just along the road to Sultan Pastanesi between the Dolmus station and harbour in Fethiye, many of the hand crafters use her shop.

Offline disbibisse

• Newly Registered
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2018, 09:56:03 AM »
Hi, I was in Fethiye this summer (August 2018) and the little shop near Sultan Pastane and the photographer shop (not far from McDonalds), Bancukcu, does not sell any beads anymore since a few years.
I asked them where to go and they indicated this haberdashery shop behind the fish market. It's called Yüncü Mehmet Ali and the address is Kesikkapi Mahallesi, Okul Cad./97, Sok. n° 32 in Fethiye.
The store is full of wool, cotton, ribbons, all kind of sewing and crochet materials. They also have a large choice of beads, cords and findings but they are mainly lower quality (PVC or brass), so don't expect to find silver sterling or plated gold findings and beads. However, everything is really cheap and the ladies are very helpful. They offered me some tea while they were preparing my small bags of beads.
I didn't get a chance to go to the other shops mentioned in this forum, besides Hippie Chic which is a really nice jewellery and boho clothes shop. You just want to buy everything there! The only negative side is the pressure of the sales ladies who really stick to you and push you to buy stuff.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf