Author Topic: Need help on this one  (Read 4999 times)

Offline missdanni1992

• Newly Registered
Re: Need help on this one
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2012, 00:00:03 AM »
lol yes, im English! An Essex girl, of all the places...

but theyre not restricting you at all, if you want to spend longer than 90/180days in the country then get residency!  :)
i know its frustrating but its even more frustrating once you consider it from the other side, you're complaining about not being able to turn up at the airport with £10 and get the visa stamp in a matter of seconds and having to go down a different albeit more time consuming route, when people trying to visit the UK have to hand in tons of documents, a lot of money, time and effort and still not guaranteed a yes. been there and done that for my bf, so stressful, i wish he could just turn up with 30tl and get a visa! :(

Offline Chinook

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2012, 07:51:37 AM »
I do agree with you but the sad thing is your country is now losing much needed money where as like myself and many others who have been coming to turkey for many,many,years and some of us do 6 to 8 trips a year we are now restricted to 90days in every 180days.So i dont think your govenment have got it right

Nor presumably then have all of the other countries in Europe who are signatories to the Schengen Agreement and have the same rule.

Offline tonysue

Re: Need help on this one
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2012, 10:35:30 AM »
I agree with Micky. We have been coming here for many years also, we have bought a property, invested in the banks, paid our taxes and spend most of our disposable income in Turkey. We have not taken anything out of Turkey, dont ask for anything in return except to visit for more than 90 days in 180. If it was 180 days in 365 then no problem As we do about 8 weeks in spring/early summer then 8 weeks mid september onwards. As it is we have applied for residency because that is the law, not happy about it though but because we own property here feel we must be in a position to enter the country without hinderance should we need to. It is unlikely we will renew the residency, if my contribution to Turkey is not enough then I will take it elsewhere.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf