Author Topic: Dental Implants  (Read 9802 times)

Offline johntaylor49

Re: Dental Implants
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2012, 10:52:49 AM »
Funny about the UK dentists, I have a great denstist and he actually advised me to go abroad as it is so expensive here. He explained the costs to me and to set-up your practice to do the implants costs a great deal of money and on top huge insurance premiums therefore unless you are going to do a lot of them (which where he is based he wouldn't) its simple not commercially viable!  In addittion a lot of denstists simply refer you to a major practice in a large city such as London, Birmingham, Glasgow etc. and by the time you have finished with travel costs, Hotel stays etc. you may as well go abroad. He went on to expalin that he could not inmvestigate any problems or treat any issues simply because his insurance would not cover him to do so, and, therefore to consider when budgetting that you may have to go back if you had any problems --- not that he didnt want to know -- more he would not be insured.

Offline mary62

• Growing old disgracefully.
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2012, 13:25:06 PM »
Am I the only person that was unhappy with this so popular dentist treating my teeth and leaving me with a problem that needed treating back in the Uk by a periodontist. It upsets me to read these comments because he caused a problem after doing a root canal treatment and then couldn't rectify it. 3yrs on , I still have to have regular checks with the periodontist and this sort of work does not come cheap.
My (ex)boyfriend had to see Cagatay. Cagatay told him that he had sugar spots in his teeth and needed 10 fillings at the cost of 800TL. My boyfriend declined his treatment and checked with another dentist. Only 8 tiny fillings needed and the cost was under 400TL, which included a descale and polish.He told the dentist that he had had this done the week before and was told that his teeth still had a build up of tartar. I don't have any axe to grind, just saying what happened to my (ex) boyfriend.

Offline Cennet

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2012, 15:56:33 PM »
  We have had lots of Dental treatment from Cagatay and never had a problem.   

Have you a ball park figure per implant Jacqui.
Thanks

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2012, 16:56:09 PM »
Sorry, I don't know how much the implants are, we have never had them, just, crowns, veneers, fillings etc.,
I would suggest you email Cagatay and ask him. 

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2012, 22:35:03 PM »
Funny about the UK dentists, I have a great denstist and he actually advised me to go abroad as it is so expensive here. He explained the costs to me and to set-up your practice to do the implants costs a great deal of money and on top huge insurance premiums therefore unless you are going to do a lot of them (which where he is based he wouldn't) its simple not commercially viable!  In addittion a lot of denstists simply refer you to a major practice in a large city such as London, Birmingham, Glasgow etc. and by the time you have finished with travel costs, Hotel stays etc. you may as well go abroad. He went on to expalin that he could not inmvestigate any problems or treat any issues simply because his insurance would not cover him to do so, and, therefore to consider when budgetting that you may have to go back if you had any problems --- not that he didnt want to know -- more he would not be insured.
John, following our earlier discussion via PM I will add that I visited Silverwells in Bolton on a referral from my regular dentist in Whitefield. I also agree with all you said about the demanding requirements for any dentist to set up to carry out implants. It's hard to imagine until you've had some.

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2012, 23:57:20 PM »
Sorry, I don't know how much the implants are, we have never had them, just, crowns, veneers, fillings etc.,
I would suggest you email Cagatay and ask him. 
And I was convinced the title of this topic was DENTAL IMPLANTS.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf