Author Topic: Sky Go Log in Problem  (Read 2787 times)

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Sky Go Log in Problem
« on: September 09, 2012, 12:14:52 PM »
I have an account with Sky and use the Sky Go service over here via my VPN. For some reason I can't seem to reach the sign in page on sky.com. When I click the sign in button, my browser runs for 10 seconds and then returns Web Page Unavailable. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Microsoft Silverlight but the problem is still the same. Any ideas ?

Offline Rimms

• Prolific Member
Sky Go Log in Problem
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 19:39:37 PM »
After messing about with this today, I have come to the conclusion that Sky must have some software that detects the user is connecting via a VPN. I can get straight into the log in page with the VPN tuned off but obviously unable to watch TV. Once the VPN is switched on, the login page becomes unavailable.

The strange thing is that others I know are not affected and can log into Sky Go without any problem. It's annoying really, I pay the bloody subscription to Sky every mont, they provide their Sky Go service but then block you if you travel any further south than the Isle of Wight !

Offline madmart

Re: Sky Go Log in Problem
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 02:02:49 AM »
Have you tried using expat shield?

Offline Rimms

• Prolific Member
Sky Go Log in Problem
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 05:54:11 AM »
I changed to My Private Network and that cured the problem, well sort of ....... I needed to swap the laptop used to watch TV, Sky then didn't recognise this new laptop and after I attempted to de- register my old laptop and register the new one, Sky then told me that I can only make such a change once a calendar month, so now I have to sit and wait !

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf