Author Topic: Kas  (Read 2101 times)

Offline dalefamily

Kas
« on: May 04, 2005, 20:26:08 PM »
You must visit Kas.  We went last year on the coach, its about 2 hours east.  Its very small but pretty, we also found it alot hotter than Calis.  If you go make sure you have enough money to last your stay,because there were not many places to change money like there are in calis.  We found the prices for drinks were about the same, but the food prices were alot cheaper.  We stayed in a small hotel overlooking the sea, if anyones interested i have a few brochures.
kathryn

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Kas
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2005, 21:02:09 PM »
This was a place we planned to visit as a day trip the last time we were over as the coach timings would have given us about six hours in Kas but for one reason or another we did not get round to it. When we enquired about the coach fare the guy in one of the big coach offices said he hadn't got a price but when we wanted to go ...see him & he would give us a good deal!  Do you recall what the coach fare was?[?]

Offline Alan Keating

Kas
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2005, 13:56:50 PM »
Kas is about 95km south of Calis, or around 3hrs drive via the coast road. I would suggest you plan a full day to enjoy the trip & the places to visit enroute. The following is an extraction from my website, I hope it helps.
Kas is on the Mediterranean coast of southern Turkey, about a half hours drive further south than Kalkan. It has a picturesque fishing village with whitewashed houses and a little harbour with a marina full of traditional Turkish gullets. Behind the seafront is a landscape of rugged, steep-sided mountains. Out to sea is the Greek island of Megisti.
A short distance from the centre of Kas is an ancient amphitheatre with magnificent views. The peninsula around Kas offers numerous walking possibilities. Other local excursions include boat trips to see the undersea ruins at Kekova, the ancient city of Xanthos and the church of Father Christmas (St Nicholas) at Myra. 8)

Offline dalefamily

Kas
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2005, 18:12:48 PM »
The coach fare was about £7 return, when we went for the day the previous year it was a lot cheaper because the guy in the coach office took the money and gave it to the driver and didnt issue a ticket and told us to make ourselves known to the driver on our return. That year we went to kalkan on the dolmus to have a look round then got on the coach for our return back to fethiye.  Its a great day out.

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Kas
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2005, 21:31:53 PM »
That would explain "See me and I will do you a good deal" ;) ;) Like it fell off a lorry :)

Offline kanga

Kas
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2005, 22:29:18 PM »
i met the dale family after they had come back from kas,and we talked about the trip,and i was so impressed ,i'm thinking of doing it this year
kanga
ps
 a really nice family

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf