Author Topic: Newbie here  (Read 1322 times)

Offline Greet

• Newly Registered
Newbie here
« on: October 05, 2012, 09:19:09 AM »
Hi All

I am Bill going to Calis next week, Wednesday in fact, with my wife for 7 days. The first time for me there I have Coeliac Disease, taking my own bread but welcome any tips on Gluten Free products available in shops or cafe/Restaurants serving GF meals.

Not wishing to be banned for advertising, I have deliberately not but the name of the Hotel staying at!

Kind Regards

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Newbie here
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 09:35:06 AM »
Welcome to the forum - you are more than welcome to name the hotel - unless you own it and forgot to mention the fact  ;)

If you look at the search above in the dark blue menu bar or direct: http://www.calis-beach.co.uk/forum/search/ - type in gluten and there is quite a lot of info. Any questions, just ask..!

Offline Greet

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 09:55:05 AM »
Thanks Scunner

I'm not the owner, the hotel is Bahar, recommended by a friend who stayed there in September

Offline PKHUGHES100

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 17:34:50 PM »
Warm welcome to the Forum, have a great time in Calis but make sure you get out and about, super place and super people.

Kevin and Karen

Offline patrice

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 19:17:00 PM »
Enjoy your stay in Calis Bill

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 20:15:12 PM »
Hi Bill (Greet) welcome to the forum, hope you and your wife enjoy your holiday in Calis.

I'm Coeliac and live here full time, you can get some biscuits ( a bit like chocolate rusks) and small chocolate cupcakes in Kipa, (Tesco) the brand is called Pronot. Unfortunately you won't get much else. Eating out won't be a problem if you avoid sauces, although most here are made with cream or tomato and oil based. Most products which use wheat starch in the UK use corn (miser) starch here. Do be careful with some of the rice it is made with little brown grains in it, these are a type of pasta made from wheat.

I believe that Bostons can do you a gluten free meal as one of the owners suffers from a wheat allergy. Also Barbella do some gluten free cakes.

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2012, 20:28:48 PM »
hi and a warm welcome
have a great time  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf