Author Topic: Uzumlu Belediye is it closing?  (Read 13857 times)

Offline Sus

Re: Uzumlu Belediye is it closing?
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2014, 11:52:46 AM »

Hopefully it will be the best thing that can happen to Uzumlu by coming under Fethiye....

And it could also be the worse.

Offline saoirse

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2014, 13:20:23 PM »
How can it be worse Sus?

We have no road surface , no street lighting and pay over the odds for water.

Offline Sus

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2014, 10:26:38 AM »
How can it be worse Sus?

We have no road surface , no street lighting and pay over the odds for water.

When you bought your house were you told you would have a paved or tarmacked road and streetlights?  I agree with you there are not many made up roads only dirt tracks to a lot of houses, we are lucky we have a made up road and a street light at the end of our road, could do with another one at the bottom of the road as well, but does not bother me not having one,   what do they pay for water in Fethiye how much more costly is water in Uzumlu?

Offline saoirse

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2014, 11:21:49 AM »
2 points 1 the water is double the price and 2 you have still to explain how you think things can get worse????

If we have no street surface or lighting how can it be made worse. I am intrigued

Offline Sus

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2014, 15:26:25 PM »
2 points 1 the water is double the price and 2 you have still to explain how you think things can get worse????

If we have no street surface or lighting how can it be made worse. I am intrigued

But you still have not said what the price of domestic water is in Fethiye and what we are paying in Uzumlu.

Things could be worse under Fethiye as House Tax, Rubbish Tax etc increasing, just like it has done in the UK when they got rid of the local councils and  the villages etc came under one big council.

What makes you think that if Uzumlu comes under Fethiye that hey presto roads will be done, street lighting will be done and what every else you want Uzumlu to be upgraded to will suddenly appear.

Offline saoirse

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2014, 15:32:10 PM »
I have said no such thing. All I have said is we can get no worse. No road surface / lights now- so if the new council do nothing we will be no worse off!!!

As regards the water price what I find unfair is in Fethiye everyone pays same price. In Uzumlu you pay for all water at double rate if you have a pool
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 15:45:02 PM by saoirse »

Offline Eric

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2014, 17:16:13 PM »
Sus, 5 years ago the current Baskan block paved the roads in and around the town square, even block paving some villagers drives!  When the workers came to a foreigners house the block paving stopped.  We had a meeting with the Baskan to ask him about the roads and block paving.  His excuse was that he had run out of money, but when more money became available he would do all the roads.  Well 5 years later, and 5 years of house taxes later, absolutely bugger all has been done in the village.  So where has all the money gone?

Offline Honey Bee

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2014, 08:41:17 AM »
Adds to the charm of the village. This is what we all fell in love with the slow pace of life back to basics etc
Back out in May, can't wait

Offline Eric

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2014, 09:15:42 AM »
Fine in the summer when everything is dry.  But for those of us who live here all year round its not very charming when you have lakes outside your house and you are ankle deep in mud!

Offline saoirse

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2014, 10:06:50 AM »
Well I find paying double price for all your water simply cos you have a pool, quaint and adds charm to the village!!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf