Author Topic: Grand Prix  (Read 1583 times)

Offline George Warner

Grand Prix
« on: October 20, 2012, 08:15:53 AM »
What has Bernie E got against the Turkish Grand Prix?
Just been announced that the  American New Jersey road circuit race for 2014 will not take place,but quite adamant that the Turkish Grand Prix,on a track much liked by drivers and one of the cheapest for fans to attend,will not be re-instated.
I know that there were many empty seats for the previous events,but when watching this years races at other venues many of the newer circuits also had plenty of spare capacity.

Offline John64

• Newly Registered
Re: Grand Prix
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 13:04:55 PM »
It's all about the almighty Dollar. Bernie wants to be paid in Big Bucks before even considering racing. Big Bucks are available in lots of new countries with Tilke-tracks, copying corners and straight from other tracks. True, one or two of those Tilke-tracks are a succes (like Istanbul Park) but the more sensational tracks like Spa-Francorchamps should be on the calendar each year. No matter what.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2012, 13:29:23 PM »
I seem to remember reading that Bernie upped the price by nearly 50% and the Turks refused to pay.

Here it is:

The Formula 1 Race Track was built to host the Turkish F1Grand Prix, but was put out for tender when the race was removed from the calendar due to monetary dispute after F1 administrators demanded a doubling in race fees from Istanbul organizers.

Hurriyet

Offline John64

• Newly Registered
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 11:20:37 AM »
Yup, that's Bernie. Laying down an apitizer and when people like it, just up the prices.

10 years ago we raced:
Melbourne, Sepang, Sao Paolo, Imola, Barcelona, the A1-Ring, Monaco, Montreal, Nürburgring, Silverstone, Magny-Cours, Hockenheim, Hungaroring, Spa-Francorchamps, Monza, Indianapolis and Suzuka. Scratch the A1-Ring and replace it by Istanbul Park to make for a beuatiful season. But no, there's money in China, Bahrain, Singapore...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf