Author Topic: Underline Adverts  (Read 3921 times)

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
Re: Underline Adverts
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2012, 20:29:50 PM »
Can you search for its root file from the start menu search option? Some nasty things will hide this so not always there but you may strike lucky.

Last resort is cc cleaner from piriform here: http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner but this will wipe all your saved passwords so make sure you know them all 1st!

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2012, 11:17:01 AM »
Well I've done all that, and I have deleted my bookmarks (backed up first) and uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox (it only happens on that browser). The result? No saved passwords and I continue to get adverts dropping down.

I guess I'll have to abandon Firefox and use Chrome or Safari instead. Pity, I found FF the most pleasant to use.

UPDATE. Finally killed it. I started deleting programs I recently downloaded. Found the culprit was smuggled inside FirstRowSports which probably serves me right as I shouldn't have used the site.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 11:41:39 AM by Colwyn »

Offline DANKY

• Never red
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2012, 21:43:33 PM »
I am using an apple an Apple Mac PC and i keep getting this advert as well it  keeps popping up and i end up with about ten open internet pages until i close the web page i am looking at and then close all the open windows, its driving me mad started abount 4 nights ago. It only happens when i use fire fox - safari is ok  :-[

Offline DANKY

• Never red
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2012, 21:48:52 PM »
Colwyn your  your a Genius on Sunday i used first row sports to watch the Spurs Everton game i  have now deleted it and the advert has  stopped thanks , Calis beach forum to the rescue again   :D

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2012, 12:24:56 PM »
Colwyn your  your a Genius
Extreme, OTT and thoroughly unjustified praise readily accepted.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf