Author Topic: Water bill  (Read 7469 times)

Offline yabanci

Re: Water bill
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2013, 09:56:50 AM »
The Electric price per unit varies as to when you use it if you are on the 3 tariff bill.Peak rate is between 17.00 and 22.00.Cheap rate between 22.00 and 6.00,and mid rate between 6.00 and 17.00.

Offline jackstee

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2013, 10:29:26 AM »
Have got the three tarriff electric meter.

Spent three months trying to save money by using the tarriff rates, then found they still charged the same amount for each tarriff.

Offline BUBSMUM

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2013, 14:15:00 PM »
Yes me too - no difference the same price across the board - however the unit (therm) price goes up and down for some reason so am thinking that there is a banding

Offline yabanci

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2013, 16:46:32 PM »
If its the same price per unit across all 3 tariffs your on the standard rate,on the latest bill 0.233940 per unit.If your on the 3 tariff rate the price per unit is 0.217370 for daytime.0.370750 for evening and 0.106770 for night.

Offline happy_flyer

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2013, 21:32:15 PM »
I went today and paid our water bill after nearly messing myself when we got it 131 tl.
Once i'd calmed down i thought this can't be right there must be a leak somewhere, went outside to the meter to check knowing that all the taps were off and no water running at all and low and behold the little wheel was still spinning.
Started looking for leak and eventually made my way upstairs to the top bathroom which hasn't been used since the end of January, as soon as i walked in i could hear water running and it turned out to be the toilet in there still running.
The valve that opens when you lift the pull string was not sealing properly and was just trickling all the time as soon as i switched the cut off off the noise stopped and after a couple of minutes the draining stopped, so all i have to do now is replace the seal and the problem will be solved.
Until then it will remain OFF.

Well worth checking things like this if you get a strange higher than normal bill.

Just wish i'd heard it before but as it was the top floor we havn't been up there all winter and it wasn't a loud noise at all.
 8)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2013, 21:35:48 PM »
Just out of interest happy_flyer for what peiod was the 131 tl

Offline happy_flyer

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2013, 21:46:23 PM »
Last bill was paid December.
I've been told this would be a normal annual bill for this complex.

Offline Jim Fraser

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2013, 06:09:33 AM »
Started looking for leak and eventually made my way upstairs to the top bathroom which hasn't been used since the end of January, as soon as i walked in i could hear water running and it turned out to be the toilet in there still running.
Well worth checking things like this if you get a strange higher than normal bill.
Just wish i'd heard it before but as it was the top floor we havn't been up there all winter and it wasn't a loud noise at all.
 8)

Happy_flyer, its well worth checking upstairs and unused rooms regularly, especially after heavy rain or wind, catching any damage quickly can save a lot of grief later on

Offline happy_flyer

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2013, 15:51:04 PM »
We've not really had any really bad wind or rain though but you're correct in what you say.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf