Author Topic: Six Nations Championship 2013  (Read 11103 times)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Re: Six Nations Championship 2013
« Reply #120 on: March 16, 2013, 22:42:16 PM »
Well done Whales a few beers to Mr Steve Walsh tonight me thinks...........remember him, enjoy your moment, well played!!  http://www.theweek.co.uk/rugby/52001/rugby-steve-walsh-six-nations-england-wales  :-[ :(

Sleep well BM06

To me the quote clearly implies that you believe the referee favoured Wales over England in some aspects. I admit I did assume that you meant at the scrum.

Whilst acknowledging your right to have a rant, I did invite you to specify what you meant.

So what exactly did you mean when you said "a few beers to Mr Steve Walsh tonight me thinks"

« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 23:00:55 PM by Highlander »

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #121 on: March 17, 2013, 07:38:30 AM »
slightly thrashed one would say.  ;)

Offline valleyboy

« Reply #122 on: March 17, 2013, 09:01:33 AM »
Could have been worse Alain Rolland could have been "reffing" !   ;) - I think BM06 maybe referring to Mr. Walsh's history with the booze H, he's been a bit of a "lad" in the past and had a run in with the NZRFU over it ! - but in all fairness I don't think a different referee would have made much of a difference yesterday.

Offline jondo

« Reply #123 on: March 18, 2013, 10:44:03 AM »
Lets get a reality check here BM06. I admit to believing refs such as all those mentioned above are not up to the job. The sooner the likes of Glen Jackson (Kiwi, ex Saracens - just 3 years ago) get the big games the better. BUT, having said that, any team knows that some decisions will go against them and in the first 30 minutes you have to take on board how the ref sees things and adjust to that - no ref EVER changed his mind, it's against the laws of the game!

The reason England lost so ingloriously was that they were outscrummaged. The Welsh front 3 were outstanding and simply bullied our boys around. Without winning set pieces the attacking options are drastically reduced. Maybe there was a touch of laissez faire about England's approach. In fact, on Friday Lancaster was recorded as suggesting that if England win they could go on to dominate the world - or words to that effect. He lost it for England right there and then as he should have maintained his 'one match at a time boys' attitude! The England camp should be ashamed of themselves.

The Welsh deserved the win and managed to coax a great deal of magic from the Rugby fairy! The scrum did their job and the winger, Cuthbert, obligingly scored the tries - simple - just the way the game was designed!

Offline davybill

« Reply #124 on: March 18, 2013, 15:31:02 PM »
I agree Jondo,England were outplayed,

Offline valleyboy

« Reply #125 on: March 19, 2013, 16:51:47 PM »
Nice summary Jondo, an intelligent and constructive response   :)

Offline jondo

« Reply #126 on: March 19, 2013, 18:27:57 PM »
Thanks Valleyboy. I would have preferred to have written about how England outplayed Wales but instead I have nothing to crow about. Still I shall remember how the tournament was lit up by Cuthbert, Tipuric, Jones, Jones and, lastly, Orquera for Italy. Some great memories there - sadly none with an English flavour! However, England were the opposition and therefore did make a contribution to coax the magic from the Welsh Rugby Fairy! (I expect she, it looks like Max Boyce - just to get a butch image going of the fairy!)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #127 on: March 19, 2013, 18:57:34 PM »
Had to laugh at the reason for Owen Farrell's (one of only two England players) inclusion. Sums up matters rather nicely  :)

http://www.rbs6nations.com/en/player_of_rbs_6_nations.php

Offline jondo

« Reply #128 on: March 20, 2013, 10:22:46 AM »
Absolutely, where's the relevance of being 'most talked about'? Except that it's because we've all been asking when he was going to perform. No guile and flat-footed most of the time. Although my son played him in junior club rugby (Fullerians v Harpenden + OF) and he was playing up a year so clearly has had talent! Maybe he will blossom in time (another dodgy image - sorry!).

A footnote to previous views & thoughts - England beat NZ comprehensively........and they are too proud to ever make excuses but I suspect that the All Blacks were under par in that game and even Italy, I suggest, could have beaten them!

"New Zealand's preparations for Saturday's Test against England have been disrupted because of a sickness bug   
                   which has swept through the squad. Head coach Steve Hansen revealed all but two members of his squad have suffered with   
                   diarrhoea and vomiting.
"

So, talk of a complete England revival were, IMHO, premature. And didn't the Welsh show them up a taf !    ;D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf