Author Topic: How to to change address on residency  (Read 2399 times)

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
How to to change address on residency
« on: May 30, 2013, 12:26:14 PM »
Anyone know how we can change the address on our residency, and how much it might cost??

Not that we have moved, but unfortunately they have given us a new 'official' address to replace our old 'unoffical' address, so we figure we might as well bite the bullet and make the change, and by changing the residency docs it is far easier to change others like the bank (who we have got to change anyway).  Also we'd like to get this done before we make our SGK application - to avoid any bureacratic rejections - so any idea how long it might take to change the residency address.

Offline apollo

Re: How to to change address on residency
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 17:49:37 PM »
Sorry ,I do not know but I suggest that you go to the passport police and ask. They don't bite and are very helpful.

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 18:59:24 PM »
You didn't say who had given you a new official address, do you have any documentation?

If it's any help we rent and when we moved recently we had to complete, download and print  the form from this website http://www.fethiye.pol.tr/  click the box on the right hand side (ikamet Tezkeresi).

We took our new rental contract to the Muhtar who gave us a form C5 (cost 30 TL), then to the Nufus Office (ground floor in the Tapu office building in Fethiye) who gave us another form which shows your address and ID number - no cost. Take all these plus 2 passport size photo's, your RP and passport to the passport police, they give you another form to take back to the Nufus office for stamping, which they then want back. No cost.

It took about 2 weeks for everything to come back with your RP book updated. Note: when you get the first form from the Nufus office get some photocopies because the Passport police want the original and you don't get it back. The copies will be useful for changing your address with your banks etc.

If you are already registered with SGK your records are automatically updated when your RP is changed so you don't need to go and change your address with them.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 08:49:42 AM »
Thanks LeeGlo, looks like we need to go through the RP all over again if we go through this!!  BTW the new address was from DASK database as it didn't recognise our address from previous years!!  Got to say that it is a proper postal address - and indeed shorter and simpler - rather than the old one.

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2013, 20:51:05 PM »
Not quite a full RP job but I know what you mean, if I were you I would make a note of the new "official" address you have been given and go straight to the Nufus Office in Fethiye and check it out with them first, if you get  issued with the form from them you are half way there.

It could be that your new address is related to a new postal address, where the council finally stick a number on the wall of your building.

Look on the bright side - at least your letters will finally arrive - maybe ......LOL

PS  think yourselves lucky, when you rent you only get 48 hours from the date of your contract to do all this.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf