Author Topic: Just came back  (Read 4404 times)

Offline nuttybird

Just came back
« on: June 11, 2013, 09:21:09 AM »
Had a lovely holiday (as always) in H. was chuffed with the weather, couldnt get over how hot it was, although fairly chilly in the evenings. Spent our days at the pool or down at Olu Deniz or Sugar beach, going out on the Pedellos and we saw the sea turtles!Was very shocked at how quiet it was in H, with our first week being half term I thought it may be over run with kids (we dont have kids and I booked not realising it was half term!) but was surprised to see it so quiet. To be honest also, I think if we were to go back we would stay elsewhere, perhaps Olu or try Calis. We enjoyed it as we just wanted to chill in the day, have a meal and couple of drinks and that was it, but I couldnt get over the change in the place (we didnt go in 2012) so many more bars (that they cant fill) and so many more new apartments, that are sitting empty, and they are doing all the hotels up 'boutique style' but then hiking the prices and then not selling the rooms. We went to Billys (Han Hotel) for brekkie/lunch some days and they showed us the rooms, which looked lovely, but for that price your just not going to sell them. We always stay in a private apartment in the grounds of St Nics old hotel in H, which is now Ocean Blue Boutique, again the place looks lovely, but its got nothing on the old style of the old St Nics. Anyway thats all! Ax

Offline Sleuth

Re: Just came back
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 11:26:42 AM »
Agree entirely and endorsing everything I  have mentioned on similar posts on here...  a pivotal season this one ..one that many businesses.. more than ever here in H  will never recover from ..  increase in noise level after 9pm in and around centre   ...  a definate  increase of `hassling` everywhere   =  a  decrease in  tourists.

Offline nuttybird

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 14:42:47 PM »
Your right Sleuth we would be sitting in a restuarant having dinner at around 9/10pm and the noise from some of the bars was horrendous, Im 32 and my OH is 36 and we still didnt like the noise, plus my OH commented that if they played some decent music and not songs from Now 2 it would be a bit better!!

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 16:20:10 PM »
plus my OH commented that if they played some decent music and not songs from Now 2 it would be a bit better!!

There were some classics on it as well as several very forgettable ones.

1 Radio Ga Ga    Queen   
2 Wouldn't It Be Good    Nik Kershaw   
3 Hold Me Now    The Thompson Twins   
4 Get Out Of Your Lazy Bed    Matt Bianco   
5 More, More, More    Carmel   
6 Michael Caine    Madness 
7 Only You    The Flying Pickets 
8 99 Red Balloons    Nena   
9 Girls Just Wanna Have Fun    Cyndi Lauper   
10 My Guy    Tracey Ullman   
11 Break My Stride    Matthew Wilder   
11 Breakin' Down (Sugar Samba)    Julia & Company   
12 That's Livin' Alright    Joe Fagin   
13 I Gave You My Heart (Didn't I)    Hot Chocolate   
14 Bird Of Paradise    Snowy White
15 Relax    Frankie Goes To Hollywood   
16 Here Comes The Rain Again    Eurythmics   
17 What Is Love?    Howard Jones   
18 What Difference Does It Make    The Smiths   
19. Feels Like Heaven    Fiction Factory   
20 The Politics Of Dancing    Re-Flex   
21 Hyperactive!    Thomas Dolby   
22 Wishful Thinking    China Crisis   
23 Modern Love    David Bowie   
24 It's A Miracle    Culture Club   
25 Undercover (Of The Night)    The Rolling Stones   
26 Wonderland    Big Country   
27 Run Runaway    Slade   
28 New Moon On Monday    Duran Duran   
29 Pipes Of Peace    Paul McCartney   

Offline fishman

• Newly Registered
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 16:31:33 PM »
I also have returned from Hisaronu at the end of May, it seems that the bars are getting bigger so the noise is getting louder.
It true that Hisaronu is getting less and less tourists each year we have had a apartment there for 12 years now and it's seems the people we have meet over the years just hop on a dolmus and like us spend more time and more money in Olu Deniz and Fethiye and even a nice stroll upto Ovacik is a much more enjoyable evening.
We have never been against the bars trying to earn a living but I think it's time that the bars and Resturant owners got together and made a sensible solution to the noise levels, if not i am sure that many of these business will not last many years and I think Hisaronu will become the new ghost town.
This would be a great shame for a area which could still give a mixture of choice to all age groups !!

Offline nuttybird

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2013, 13:44:10 PM »
Fishman I agree, same amount of time for us, and everyone is of similar opinion. I still like H, just such a shame with certain parts of it. KKOB: 1. Queen - says it all I can not stand Queen ha ha. OK so not Now 2 but you get my drift, they all seem to have the same CDs and play the same over and over again and some of the music is a good few years old and not even current. My OH said you need a good bar out there with Live music (Hisar pub used to do that quite a lot) or a bar playing rock, rock n roll, Kasabian, The Who etc etc just our opinion!  :)

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2013, 16:00:17 PM »
Its not so much what tracks they play... its the volume level that needs controlling... musical tastes are always  very personal anyway... also the problem is the close proximity of the bars and clubs.... all trying to outblast each other... the best musical experience for me personally is on my terrace .. lovely balmy evening looking up at the stars... listening to one of my playlists on my i pod docking centre... the volume just right and not disturbing others nearby .... my own choice of music.. a glass of brandy and coke... and my OH  sitting there with me ...mmmmmmmm    best bar in town    ;)

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2013, 16:13:55 PM »
My OH said you need a good bar out there with Live music (Hisar pub used to do that quite a lot) or a bar playing rock, rock n roll, Kasabian, The Who etc etc just our opinion! 

Really  surprised though that one would  want to hear...  rock n roll .. or rock, or the `who` when out for a quiet drink in a bar ? :D  ??? and surprised you cant find that music around in H  ? As  that seems to be the most popular genre of music..

Not for me (as I said music is personal )   if we are out for a quiet drink  I  would want a bar playing background soft turkish traditional music ( not found anywhere in H sadly )  or ` cafe del mar ` tracks, or any chill out grooves  etc.. or buddha type music ... again not found in H     thats a couple of my choices.
biggest problem is here the bar staff dont look around them to see what age group or type of customers are present..... the bar staff play only what they want to hear... at very loud volume.. and thats part of the problem

Offline nuttybird

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2013, 11:06:12 AM »
Cafe del mar all the way for me, would be quite happy sitting there chilling out to that sort of music! ;-)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf