Author Topic: Gunluclu Beach  (Read 4165 times)

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Gunluclu Beach
« on: June 03, 2005, 07:41:54 AM »
Many members here know about a nice beach called Katranchi which is just before you reach Gocek, but do you also know about Gunluclu beach which is next door to Katranchi?

We were exploring recently when we came across it, there was lots of work taking place with massive tractors preparing the sand and they have planted some really large palm trees to give the beach a nice tropical feel.

Even though it was 'under construction' when we visited in May, we were told that the work will be complete in June, so give it a whirl, it looks fab!

I noticed that a dolmus runs from Fethiye, down the Gunlucbasi road and on to Gunluclu.

Enjoy

Rimms
« Last Edit: June 03, 2005, 15:49:23 PM by Rimms »

Offline kanga

Gunluclu Beach
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2005, 10:26:16 AM »
cheers rims i will give it a go in july ,it sounds great
kanga

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Gunluclu Beach
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2005, 13:52:04 PM »
thanks rimms we are leaving today so will pop along and have a look

Offline Sinbad

Gunluclu Beach
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2005, 22:30:40 PM »
Sounds a great place to stop off

Offline karen

Gunluclu Beach
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2005, 11:28:36 AM »
Rimms
We were there last week the beach is nice and sandy(turkish style),
there was'nt much shade on the beach only under the picnic area, the sea look safe,clean and shallow, there were also trampolenes,round abouts and a games area for children.
We did'nt stay only drove down to have a look and we were swamped by Turkish children on a day out,they made us feel like the "Posh and Becks" as they all wanted to come and speak to us and followed us around.
Really lovely will go there again for sure.

karen

Offline Rakimonster

Gunluclu Beach
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2005, 18:19:18 PM »
Sounds like it's worth a visit, roughly how far is it from Fethiye & is Gunluclu the final destination of the Dolmus? On a similar vein, are there any beaches closer to Tasyaka than Olu Deniz, I seem to recall a property programme that showed a walkway running along the seafront near Fethiye with a small beach, & no I was not on the Raki that night! TIA
Dave

Offline Tonya

Gunluclu Beach
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2005, 08:16:32 AM »
Can someone help Rakimonster with this?

Offline Alan Keating

Gunluclu Beach
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2005, 16:28:32 PM »
I am not sure which beach you mean, but this is worth a look. You can go by car or take to the good sizable walk. For the really fit, you can drive/walk to/from Fethieye over the hills.

This is an extraction from our website: -

Kaya Village
A few kilometres from Fethiye, climbing past the ancient fortress and rock tomb of King Amyntas, the pine trees give way to the bucolic landscape of the Kaya Village. This was once the thriving Greek town of Levissii. Here a dwindling number of local families now till the land and tend their animals. Some of the old Greek stone houses have been carefully restored to provide atmospheric and peaceful holiday homes. Visitors can walk, cycle or even horse-ride around the pathways and lanes of the valley, pausing at the simple teahouses, restaurants and general stores or continuing the few kilometres down to the Gemiler Beach.

Gemiler Island
This is an early Christian Island dedicated to St. Nicholas, it can be visited from the Gemiler Beach below Kaya village or while on one of the daily boat trips out of Oludeniz.

The beach opposite the Island - Gemiler Beach can be reached by boats from Oludeniz or from the road that follows from Kaya Village.

I hope this is of use 8)

Offline Tonya

Gunluclu Beach
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2005, 23:22:53 PM »
Thanks Alan  :)

Offline karen

Gunluclu Beach
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2005, 11:28:10 AM »
Dave
Gunluclu is about 20 mins drive from Fethiye on the way to Dalaman we drove so I'm not sure about the dolmus sorry maybe someone else can help.
Also Gemilar beach is nice, I know you can get the Dolmus from Hissaronu there (you can probably get one from Fethiye) we have had some lovely days there in the past but got ripped off there this year when using the beach cafes £16 for 3 coffees, 2 sprites, and plate of chips  and 3 sunbeds!  
karen
« Last Edit: June 22, 2005, 11:28:59 AM by karen »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf