Author Topic: Nexus 7 (2013) "Webpage not available" problem  (Read 2466 times)

Offline maximumtom

Nexus 7 (2013) "Webpage not available" problem
« on: September 11, 2013, 19:01:36 PM »
I have just bought a nexus 7 (2013) but cannot connect it to the internet.  After turning the device on , it finds the local network but, when I try to connect, I get a message saying a webpage is not available. I tried rebooting with no improvement. I looked on the internet and found that many people had encountered this problem , but there was no solution offered that worked. I went to the local library to check it out on the WiFi there but got the same result but with a different web address (particular to the library)on the error message.  I reset the factory setting ( just in case I'd had a slip of the finger somewhere) but it did not help.
If anyone has any (useful) suggestions I would be pleased to hear them; otherwise, the tablet goes back to the shop tomorrow.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 19:38:37 PM by maximumtom »

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
Re: Nexus 7 (2013) "Webpage not available" problem
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 19:47:24 PM »
Hi I bought one for my husband last month and found it easy to set up. I did however buy Nexus 7 for Dummies from amazon. I've looked through and there isn't a troubleshoot for that issue. I take it you followed the steps to set up wifi , select, password and connect? Is the wifi network set up correctly? Have you turned your nexus wifi connection off and back on again? If you've done all this I'm sorry, not being patronising just trying to help

Offline maximumtom

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 20:51:00 PM »
Thanks for you reply. I believe that I did all I was supposed to do - and with 2 different WiFi connections.
I do have a reasonable history of usung computers. It looks as though it will have to go back to the shop tomorrow.

Offline Steve (redding43)

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 20:54:37 PM »
Does the Internet work on 3G? Also check the security settings just in case web surfing is blocked

Offline maximumtom

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 20:47:45 PM »
This was a WiFi only model . You cannot access settings until the thing is set up, which you cannot do because of the problem. 
Thanks for the suggestions. The machine is back at the shop now .

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2013, 11:01:00 AM »
I hope you have better luck with the next product as once its set up its a great piece of kit!( though not as good as my ipad which I treat like my first born!)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf