Author Topic: A happy ending, thanks to the kindness of folk  (Read 5816 times)

Offline Carolyn1957

A happy ending, thanks to the kindness of folk
« on: October 27, 2013, 06:25:23 AM »
A message from Colin and Linda Sunshine who lived in Incirkoy until ill health and the greed of a Turkish man and his English girlfriend forced them to leave Turkey:

Horrendous year to a happy ending

A lot of you would have heard of our heartache last April of having a so called Turkish friend selling our house and contents after getting our tapu in their name from the land office. After seeing a good solicitor we realised we had no choice but to return to England . While we were sorting things out Andy Trent and Mehmet O'Collhoun helped with our two dogs and one cat. Animal Aid arranged for Tina our cat to be fostered with Linda Richardson and Arlene at Mad About Mutts took in our dogs Toots and Peggy at no charge to us as we had no money left after hospital fees and solicitors. She covered costs for kennels, food, paperwork. POA and vaccinations. Arlene and Animal Antics (Sallyan and Carolyn) arranged a fundraising evening at the Seashells which raised enough money to cover the cost of travel for our girls as well as some others who had been left stranded. Sallyan worked tirelessly to negotiate a transport deal. Our lovely girls arrived last Saturday safe and well .It was fantastic to have them back. Thank you so much to Arlene Emerson, Linda Richardson, Sallyan Harris who arranged all travel and travelled with them. Eddie for keeping in touch and Carolyn Young who kept us up to date with news and photos about their welfare for six months. Also Mustafa Karagöz the amazing vet who dealt with all the paperwork and red tape and made sure everything was in order for them to travel. And of course all the people who donated money to make this happen. We thank every one involved from the bottom of our hearts we will never forget your kindness. Kind regards Linda and Colin Sunshine.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 06:41:43 AM by tinkerman »

Offline sadler

Re: A happy ending, thanks to the kindness of folk
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 09:11:47 AM »
What a wonderful ending.  How people can be so evil and still sleep at night just baffles me.

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 09:59:28 AM »
So good to hear of a Happy Ending to that story, hope they have better luck in the future.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2013, 10:12:21 AM »
Glad to hear you have been reunited. Lovely to hear of the support you have had in difficult times.

Offline Lotty

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2013, 10:21:52 AM »
Marvellous! You must be so happy after your terrible time. Wishing you all the very best x   :)

Offline Harley

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2013, 10:51:48 AM »
OMG so sorry to hear of your trouble. Glad it had a happy ending. Good luck for the future x

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2013, 11:29:53 AM »
What a wonderful ending.  How people can be so evil and still sleep at night just baffles me.

Me too, and to be so warm yet calculating. Often over a substantial amount of time.

I met Colin (he won't remember I am sure) first in the Orient in Winter of 2003 - a group of us all sitting round the central fire. He was telling me how much he was loving his new life in Turkey and I thought then what a lovely guy he was/is.

Glad things are finally turning round for you guys. 

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2013, 11:42:36 AM »
A message from Colin and Linda Sunshine who lived in Incirkoy until ill health and the greed of a Turkish man and his English girlfriend forced them to leave Turkey:

Horrendous year to a happy ending

A lot of you would have heard of our heartache last April of having a so called Turkish friend selling our house and contents after getting our tapu in their name from the land office. After seeing a good solicitor we realised we had no choice but to return to England . While we were sorting things out Andy Trent and Mehmet O'Collhoun helped with our two dogs and one cat. Animal Aid arranged for Tina our cat to be fostered with Linda Richardson and Arlene at Mad About Mutts took in our dogs Toots and Peggy at no charge to us as we had no money left after hospital fees and solicitors. She covered costs for kennels, food, paperwork. POA and vaccinations. Arlene and Animal Antics (Sallyan and Carolyn) arranged a fundraising evening at the Seashells which raised enough money to cover the cost of travel for our girls as well as some others who had been left stranded. Sallyan worked tirelessly to negotiate a transport deal. Our lovely girls arrived last Saturday safe and well .It was fantastic to have them back. Thank you so much to Arlene Emerson, Linda Richardson, Sallyan Harris who arranged all travel and travelled with them. Eddie for keeping in touch and Carolyn Young who kept us up to date with news and photos about their welfare for six months. Also Mustafa Karagöz the amazing vet who dealt with all the paperwork and red tape and made sure everything was in order for them to travel. And of course all the people who donated money to make this happen. We thank every one involved from the bottom of our hearts we will never forget your kindness. Kind regards Linda and Colin Sunshine.

Wonderful news  :) the picture speaks a thousand words  :)

Thanks for the update & my very best wishes x

Offline foggiestmeldrum

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2013, 17:29:27 PM »
Can the whole story of this be posted,this is the first I have heard of this,just as a warning for other people, kinda name and shame as well

Offline grizabella

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2013, 19:54:36 PM »
Lovely to see the pic of you all reunited again.I'm sure having your precious pets back with you will help put the pain of the past months behind you.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf