Author Topic: The REAL nelson Mandela  (Read 11896 times)

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
Re: The REAL nelson Mandela
« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2013, 17:15:49 PM »
JH
It is a pity you seem to have learned nothing from Mandela's example after he was released from prison. His road was towards truth and reconcilation; not blame and apology. Your statement about relatives and deaths invites the response from "the other side" about the relatives of those who were murdered by the British Army, the Royal Ulster Constabulary and the Loyalist militias. I would say exactly the same about Loz's post that wondered if Adams and McGuinness had said sorry, but not if their equivalents on the "the other side" had made their apologies.

Mandela's greatness lay in his rejection of this language of "the other side". When a civil war grinds, reluctantly, to an end these past enmities will not be forgotten but they must be put aside. Or what would you prefer? Continuing the enmity, decrying those on "the other side", bringing out the guns and bombs again, and continuing the deaths?
HO HO HO Colwyn, What an Absolute load of Tosh,

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2013, 18:14:54 PM »
Politicians say that violence has no place in the quest for change. Ireland and South Africa clearly show that it does.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2013, 18:34:30 PM »
The footpath that connects my house to the local crosses the oldest bridge in Bristol across which the Protestant Parliamentarian "Roundheads" marched to enter Bristol and sack the Catholic Royalist "Cavalier" castle. Even in the Mason's Arms they have stopped arguing about the pros and cons of this, and who murdered who, and who should say sorry, and so on. At least they had yesterday but, up there, you never know. "Off with his royal Scottish head", say I.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2013, 18:46:24 PM »
"Off with his royal Scottish head", say I.

Oye! leave my husband alone, he is shy and retiring, well retired   ;)  :)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2013, 18:53:17 PM »
Oooh! I didn't know he was royal. Obviously I think less of him now.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2013, 20:06:56 PM »
Well he was born in Airthlrey Castle Bridge of Allan,  and that is about as royal as he gets, unless his shouting at the TV like "Jim Royle"counts.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf