Author Topic: Luis Suarez signs new contract  (Read 12536 times)

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Re: Luis Suarez signs new contract
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2013, 10:44:42 AM »
Apologies for tardiness in not getting back on this thread earlier, been out enjoying the theatre whilst back in the UK lovies.  Anyway on to no less important things.

stoop you naughty man, Liverpool supporters coming out to play ... You are so right.  Will not last though.

Scott and Lisa, Gawd bless yer, I was not looking to become the CBF bookmaker on this issue, but what the heck, you are on!!  I will diary this for next September, if as, as I expect, the transfer hasn't happened by then.

Jacqui I was not seeking to set up a situation in which you and I could act The Lord and Lady bountiful of charity giving, but simply to make a football point, and more particularly a point on greedy players in the modern game, of which Suarez is a classic example. I offered a reasonable bet to reinforce this point, in particular that Suarez would be on his way as Liverpool are not big enough and/or do not offer enough in football or cash terms for him to stay.   It would seem you do not have the confidence in the man (not the player) to stay either, or you would have taken my fair terms if a wager.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 12:49:06 PM by usedbustickets »

Offline tiggsy

• Newly Registered
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2013, 12:03:15 PM »
Sorry "This" is meant to state that I agree with UsedBuckets post.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2013, 14:45:24 PM »
I wonder how many Liverpool fans would turn out to watch them if they ever found themselves in the old third division with a fifteen point penalty? It's great to crow when you are top but my guess is not many would turn up to watch them play the likes of Carlisle and Southend.

31,000 at Elland Road yesterday! Not bad for a team that was almost put out if business by Kenneth Bates.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2013, 15:12:37 PM »
Stoop Liverpool have always been sell out since I have supported them and they have not done that well in the last 20 odd years, but the Scousers will always support their teams Everton and Liverpool have great support. I have had the pleasure of visiting both grounds and it has always been a great experience.  I have also been to Leeds ground.
However, you could say the same about lots of the teams in the premiership, so I really don't see the point in this posting??
Mr Tickets I will as I said before donate the money so I have taken your bet, but as a Classy Liverpool Supporter I do not want to bet just a tenner, so you can bet your tenner and I will put the £20.00 down and donate it whatever happens.
Now, please let us know which of the wonderful teams you support and how many European Cups they have won? I suspect it may be Arsenal

Offline usedbustickets

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2013, 16:50:05 PM »
Oh Jacqui you are still dodging the point that I make about Suarez et al, but feel free to make the donation, won'/t make any difference he'll be gone. 

Yes my team is the Arsenal, never sought to hide or disguise the fact on the forum or anywhere else.. In fact I've probably driven some people to despair with my comments on their performance, good and bad.  Your right they've never won the European Cup, but at least they've won the Premiership three times.  Interestingly and enjoyably they won one at Old Trafford and another at ****e Hart Lane, and who can forget the time we won the old Div One Title at some small ground in a back water in north west, taking the title right from under the noses of the home team .... oh yes it was Anfield.  ;)

BTW is it true that after finishing his football playing days Suarez intends to return to Liverpool to open a pub called The Biter and Diver? ;D ;D

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2013, 16:57:39 PM »
Mr UBT - would you be unhappy if Suarez joined Arsenal? I can't stand the man but jeez I'd rather have him than face him!

Offline usedbustickets

« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2013, 17:26:26 PM »
Yes this is where, if at all possible, I separate the man from the player.  What club wouldn't want him as a player, particularly at the moment when he looks like he is on fire.  Then we get onto would I want him as a man, and I'd say no he is just a nasty individual.

So on balance if he was on offer - very unlikely to be to the Arsenal as we saw in the Summer even if we have the cash - I would not have him.  I have a deep distrust of want-away players over the years, including inbound want-aways like Sol Campbell.  Doubting firstly their commitment, and secondly the high risk of disruption at club and/or team level at some time after their arrival.  Suarez also has the additional historical problems of biting etc. that he brings with his game. :(

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2013, 17:29:46 PM »
Want aways like Sol Campbell? What about Cesc Fabregas who spent his entire Arsenal career want awaying  ;)

Offline usedbustickets

« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2013, 17:39:53 PM »
Want aways like Sol Campbell? What about Cesc Fabregas who spent his entire Arsenal career want awaying   ;)

You are not far wrong, cos it felt like that from a supporters point of view.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2013, 18:08:53 PM »
O.K. So you are an Arsenal supporter. It's clear to me and other members now about the Suarez affair...very sour grapes, It's understandable,  but don't worry...I and us other L.F.C. Supporters understand.  No hard feelings.
Happy Christmas to you and Mrs Tickets

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf