Author Topic: Should Pensioners Benefit?  (Read 3574 times)

Offline johntaylor49

Re: Should Pensioners Benefit?
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2014, 11:33:09 AM »
Its all academic, when we in the Worsley Popular Front seize power everything will change, -------------------------when we get back from the Day centre  :)

Seriously there are so many factors to Colwyn's original post and requires a lot of thought.

Personally, I have saved and done without so we could have a reasonable retirement but I have been fortunate
whereas many of my generation never had access to the big salaries of today until they had brought up their Children hence did not have so many years to save for their retirement and are more reliant on the state. ( How we managed on £5 a week as apprentices I will never know!)

We accepted a long slow time of getting to higher earnings from a lot of work, a lot of us did Military Service and are suffering health issues now from that, we "did our bit" for Britain.  Overall we paid a much greater percentage of our incomes in taxes, had much bigger interest rates to buy our homes etc etc.in general we struggled so we have paid for our pension.  and yes I think we do deserve it!

I see our people from 20-40's with respectively huge earnings in comparison, and a much better chance of saving and investing, but they are in huge amounts of Debt purely because they want it now and not prepared to wait until they have earned something before spending on it, they have no savings, and the future state of the Country as they age will be disastrous, glad I wont live to see it.   -- so -- being totally selfish myself for a change -- I will have the money thank you while there is still some there!

Vote for "call me Dave" Don't know about that bit  :)

Owareyathen Lad?
Terrorist leader

Offline trainer

• Last man standing
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2014, 12:25:35 PM »
Not long ago Ed Millaband asked a question of Dave and his front bench cronies, he asked if they were going to take the 5% tax cut on their millions (50% down to 45%) the row of multimillionaires on the front bench sat silent and Dave has ignored the question on several occasions
They don’t seem to have a moral dilemma why should you   

Offline johntaylor49

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2014, 13:50:56 PM »
A pretty little girl named Suzy was standing on the pavement in front of her home.
Next to her was a basket containing a number of tiny creatures; in her hand was a sign announcing FREE KITTENS.

Suddenly a line of big cars pulled up beside her.
Out of the lead car stepped a grinning man.

"Hi there little girl, I'm the leader of the Labour Party, Ed Miliband.
What do you have in the basket?" he asked.

"Kittens," little Suzy said.

"How old are they?" asked Miliband.

Suzy replied, "They're so young, their eyes aren't even open yet."

"And what kind of kittens are they?"

"Labour supporters," answered Suzy with a smile.

Miliband was delighted. As soon as he returned to his car, he called his PR chief and told him about the little girl and the kittens.

Recognizing the perfect photo op, the two of them agreed that he should return the next day;
and in front of the assembled media, have the girl talk about her discerning kittens.

So the next day, Suzy was again standing on the pavement with her basket of "FREE KITTENS," when another motorcade pulled up, this time followed by vans from BBC, ITV, ABC, CNN and Sky News,

Cameras and audio equipment were quickly set up, then Miliband got out of his limo and walked over to little Suzy.

"Hello, again," he said, "I'd love it if you would tell all my friends out there what kind of kittens you're giving away."

"Yes Sir," Suzy said. "They're U.K.I.P. supporters."

Taken by surprise, Ed stammered, "But...but...yesterday, you told me they were LABOUR SUPPORTERS."

Little Suzy smiled and said, "I know.  But today, they have their eyes open."

Offline johntaylor49

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2014, 13:51:48 PM »
90% are crooks regardless of Party!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf