Author Topic: EE offer an interesting new tariff for your UK mobile  (Read 10477 times)

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
EE offer an interesting new tariff for your UK mobile
« on: March 12, 2014, 16:32:59 PM »
http://shop.ee.co.uk/4gee-extra-4gb-plan-26-99/pay-monthly/mobile-phones/

It was time to change my mobile phone yesterday so off into town I duly went. Checked out the usual suspects like Phones4U & Carphone Warehouse etc. before going into the EE store. Nice friendly manager who when I just happened to mention about the horrendous cost of roaming charges (phone calls & texts not looking for late night drinking venues!) offered me the new tariff as listed above.

In short, unlimited minutes & texts to any network/landline whilst in the UK, free voicemail, 4GB of data (Don't ask Lance!) but the best bit is if you are roaming in Europe or the USA (& some other countries which I have now forgotten) the cost is NIL, yep, FREE. There is no charge to call or text home to the UK (mobile or landline) & the very best bit is if for example you are in Turkey you can call/txt anywhere in Europe (landline or mobile) for FREE as well. My brother lives in France so I suggested I was in Calis & wanted to ring him in Britanny, yep that's free, gobsmacked was I dot com!

The cost of the tariff varies depending on your choice of handset but the cheapest is £26.99 a month over 2 years which seems a fair price to me, just the calls/texts from abroad will save me the extra on my old tariff to justify the expense, oh & a nice new shiny Galaxy Note 3 with 4G for my bonus!

PS: Other networks are available  :)

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Re: EE offer an interesting new tariff for your UK mobile
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 17:11:08 PM »
Blimey that is good.  I don't want to doubt you on this SC, but are you sure that it includes Turkey?

I only ask as Turkey has traditionally been outside of the best deals that are on offer in European destinations - driven in part by EU regulation - not because of the British or UK mobile networks, but because Turkcell has protected/defended its 'share' of the roaming charges paid by us.

Offline usedbustickets

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 17:14:51 PM »
Sorry I should have also asked in the above post, have they got the 4G signal in around Brighton now?

If you have not had 4G before, prepared to be amazed, providing the signal holds up in your area...doh!

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 17:35:24 PM »
Yes UBT, it does include Turkey, my 1st question!

Yes to 4G around most of Brighton, certainly the city centre area & luckily in my abode, even though I tend to use my 100mg broadband connection mostly (sorry!).

Here's the link to where is included: http://explore.ee.co.uk/4gee-extra-plans-roaming-benefits

What countries are included?
EUROPE:
Austria,  Azores,  Belgium,  Bulgaria,  Canary Islands,  Croatia,  Cyprus,  Czech Republic,  Denmark,  Estonia,  Finland,  France,  French Guyana,  Germany,  Gibraltar,  Greece,  Guadeloupe,  Guernsey,  Hungary,  Iceland,  Ireland,  Isle of Man,  Italy,  Jersey,  Latvia,  Liechtenstein,  Lithuania,  Luxembourg,  Madeira,  Malta,  Martinique,  Monaco,  Netherlands,  Norway,  Poland,  Portugal,  Reunion,  Romania,  San Marino,  Slovakia,  Slovenia,  Spain,  Sweden,  Switzerland,  Vatican.

THE REST OF THE WORLD:
Armenia, Australia, China, Israel, Macedonia, Martinique, Switzerland, Turkey and USA

What's included?
Calls and Texts
If you’re on a 4GEE Extra plan then making calls and sending texts back to the United Kingdom, or to any of the eligible countries are free and unlimited.

What’s included at no extra charge:
Making and receiving calls and sending texts when you’re in an eligible country (e.g. a call from France to France)
Calls and texts to the United Kingdom from any of the eligible countries (e.g. a call from France to UK)
Calls and texts from any of the eligible countries (excluding the United Kingdom) to any other eligible country (eg - A call from France to USA).

What’s not included
Making calls or sending texts when you are in the United Kingdom to eligible countries 
Making calls or sending texts to premium rate numbers and other non-geographic numbers (which can vary over time) aren’t included
Calls to your voicemail

PS: Most of Brightons buses now have free wi-fi too, joys of being in a two times University city I guess    ;)

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2014, 09:04:00 AM »
Wow..thats good.

Offline usedbustickets

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2014, 09:32:21 AM »
Well that looks like the steal of the decade, and it is almost worth taking the service on here in Turkey, only downside is people calling me from Turkey they will invoke an international mobile charge ... still vey good deal.

I shall also look forward to using the free wi-fi on the 14 or 12 bus routes on our return home to the People's Republic of Peacehaven.

Offline scorcher

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2014, 09:44:54 AM »
It's good to see cab drivers extolling the virtues of using the bus - fair play to them !

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2014, 10:30:16 AM »
I use the bus all the time to go into town, Brighton is horrendous for traffic & parking is almost non existent! £3.50 for a return is better than £4+ per hour to park, when you've finally found a space!

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2014, 12:53:00 PM »
That looks a really good deal, another good point if I understand it correctly is you don't have to register your uk mobile and pay the tax on it if you spend a lot of time in Turkey. Just youse the phone you have on this plan.

Offline keng38

• Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2014, 09:19:12 AM »
Calls to your voicemail not included?
Could be costly

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf